Call Duck Assortment from Metzers

Pics
Same here. Wanted Calls for the looks and size but got Muscovies last year for the quietness and the fact that they don't swim as much. They are my first ducks. They are hilarious and adorable but are higher maintenance than chickens.
View attachment 3760403

How absolutely gorgeous! Right after calls, female scovies and then male scovies, are the prettiest ducks

Same here. Wanted Calls for the looks and size but got Muscovies last year for the quietness and the fact that they don't swim as much. They are my first ducks. They are hilarious and adorable but are higher maintenance than chickens.
View attachment 3760403
They’re so pretty :love
At least the scabs look healed over, but weird as to what's causing them. It seems like duckling stage when they're in the brooder is when their feet are usually most perfect. It's a little bit more work with washing and changing towels out as they grow, but you could try them for a week and see how their feet look, if you have a lot of old ones on hand. I have stacks of them from all the times I've brooded ducklings, so I just go that route...and change them 2-3 times a day depending on how wet and messy they get.
I’m not allowed to use towels anymore :oops: my dad got upset that the bad towels I used are unusable because they got some mold on the bottom so he threw them away
Are they on shavings? Just wondering if there's a sharp flake or two
They’re on shavings now, I think that’s what’s causing it. Sometimes a shaving or two is thicker like mulch

I’ll take a better picture today and if you say it’s fine then that’s that. To me it looks like a bunch of cuts and little scabs on the vein parts of the foot.

What feed/water containers do you use? Mine also could maybe be from them stepping on the waterer corners

I was using ceramic bowls. I just tried to keep my ducklings' feet drier and cleaner and it went away. At this age they're producing so much poop and causing such a mess with the water that it's hard.

Mine also tried to eat any bedding I tried using so I switched to washable puppy pads which are very absorbent and not possible to eat lol.

Back
Top Bottom