Cascade Layer Poultry Feed, Organic...Anyone use?UPDATED: Got my feed!

Quote:
Wow weedemnreap, that is a great idea! Thank you for sharing that with us!
thumbsup.gif

Do you free feed or give them "meals"? I free feed and I would worry about the wet feed getting old. How does that work for you?

Your mixture sounds very good! Cascade is a good recipe and you seem to have a very good plan to use it!
frow.gif

I free fed when we gave them pellets but they seemed to waste a lot plus the mice got into it so now we feed them 1 cup total feed plus the yogurt or whatever in the a.m. when they're let out. Sometimes they gobble it up right away but usually they come and go but it's always finished. They have free run of the yard so get the bugs, jump up into the grapes, etc. and usually get a handful or two of BOSS.

I was a little concerned about the yogurt or milk in hot weather but it hasn't seemed to hurt them any. I was also worried that 1 cup wasn't enough but when we gave them more, they left some so I think it's about right. I was trying to remember how often we've had to buy it and a bag seems to last at least 2 months so that ends up being less expensive than the other feed and yet full of organic goodness!

I wanted to respond to the question about whether chickens like Cascade Layer & Grower. My chickens LOVED it. But I can no longer get it in my area (Olympia, WA). I am very sad and had to switch to a different brand. One thing I noticed right away was that the smell in then hen house was much more pleasant and the quality of their droppings seemed to improve. (I always examine their poo to make sure they are healthy.) Anyhow, I highly recommend this feed if you can get it. Because it is a mash, there is some waste, but I can't say enough good things about the overall quality of the feed. I wish they would put a picture of the feed on their website so that all could see it. You can almost tell by looking at it, how good it is.
smile.png

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Taxiamax!!

Hey are you sure you can't get it through Azure Standard? And guess what, they have a picture on their web site!:

https://www.azurestandard.com/shop/product/1044/

I know they deliver all the way down to Southern CA, and they probable go north to WA too. If you call them they will tell you where there is a "drop point" that you can coordinate shipments to. I found a really nice group near me.

I bought a special feeder at my feed store, looks like a bird house with 5 holes cut in the side. They have to stick their heads inside to eat. Works great! Can't find it on line, I'll keep looking and post it I find it...

Check out Azure: https://www.azurestandard.com/customer-service

Gook
luck!

Quote:
And Azure delivers into the Rocky Mountain/northern midwest states too! The food is well worth the money - an excellent product.

Back
Top Bottom