Sponsored Post Chicken Math Strikes Again!

I thought mine was sicilian buttercup but mine has a single comb and since Ideal has the largest color vatiety of OEGB I am sure mine at least is silver campine OE. Unless the buttercups start out with a single comb?? I have never had them before, can you enlighten me/us..?
They do not start out single comb. You should be able to see a difference as soon as it starts showing. If it has a closed comb that is very poorly shaped I guess it might look somewhat like a single comb, but that is a DQ and should definitely not be used for breeding. If it is the SBB you should be able to tell sex between 4 & 6 weeks because the cockerel will start growing in red on the shoulders & wings. The pullet will stay evenly spotted with brown.

They do not start out single comb. You should be able to see a difference as soon as it starts showing. If it has a closed comb that is very poorly shaped I guess it might look somewhat like a single comb, but that is a DQ and should definitely not be used for breeding. If it is the SBB you should be able to tell sex between 4 & 6 weeks because the cockerel will start growing in red on the shoulders & wings. The pullet will stay evenly spotted with brown.
Thank you for your input
big_smile.png
... Mine is for sure a single comb and is getting the silver spots coming in, I need to take an updated pic.

Well my ducklings arrived today with only 1 DOA. They are absolutely adorable! I'll have to post pictures later. I tried sexing them (I've never tried this before) and it looked like 9 khaki campbell males, 12 khaki campbell females, 15 black east indie males, and 5 black east indie females. I hope this is accurate so that I can sell some of the extra males. I'm also giving half of them to a friend.

I still wish that ideal would have notified me when they shipped so that I could have been more prepared.. Either way, I'm very happy with the purchase. I just love the little guys!

Last edited:
My order arrived today all alive and happy but... I ordered 5 ducks and ended up with 25 polish chicks (I think), not a single duck! Ideal said they would reship my order next week, but until then I've got 25 chicks to identify
ep.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom