Sponsored Post Chicken Math Strikes Again!

the lost my mind part is have 6 chicks on order from ss feed store and 20 silkies from ideal middle of march will post each lot by breed and update through the first year of life.

featherleg jan 30 13 hatch

already trying to escape

the d'Uccle gang

Pretty sure those are not D'Uccles. I've gotten three assortments of D'Uccles from Ideal and none that look like that...the MF would be primarily buff with black, same with buff columbian, the brown-red would be all black, and all the other varieties do not have black in them...maybe they are Cochin?

Pretty sure those are not D'Uccles. I've gotten three assortments of D'Uccles from Ideal and none that look like that...the MF would be primarily buff with black, same with buff columbian, the brown-red would be all black, and all the other varieties do not have black in them...maybe they are Cochin?
The black and white ones are mottled. they are D'uccles.

i do not know all these are the ones who's legs are turning blue will watch and learn and the bigger white one i think is a sultan but i need all the help i can get

The top ones look like either white D'uccles or Sultans, and the black and white ones are Brown Red D'uccles.

The top ones look like either white D'uccles or Sultans, and the black and white ones are Brown Red D'uccles.

It's possible the two in the back with the brown cheeks are D'Uccles, but it's hard to see them in the photo. The larger black and white ones with the white cheeks are something else for sure. If anyone has pics of brown red D'Uccle chicks pls post for comparison, I couldn't find any good ones through google, and the chicks I have are much older than these and never had any while on them at all.

The white chick in the top pic could be a white D'Uccle, but if so it's probably going to end up being a booted bantam, as it doesn't appear to have a beard.

hmmm a lot to learn I am taking pictures .......every week hope to put them in a file to make a timeline so as to show the stages of the featherlegs first year thanks to all for the help i am sure i will be asking more ?

todays pick of the featherleg gang they are 4 weeks now and growing fast.

Back
Top Bottom