*Chocolate Orpington Thread*

Here are pics:
Bird 1:

Bird 2:

Bird 3:

They're all the same age. The breeder said 7 weeks but I am not sure how accurate that is.... they're 95% feathered in...

Bird 2 and 3 look like pullets.  Bird 1 cockerel

I'm so lost lol because bird 1 is certainly a cockrel but 2 has a little wattle development but it stopped and not so red. Bird 2 has a beautiful and feminine tail and cushion as does bird 3 which is certainly a pullet. Darn bird 2 is really throwing me for a loop lol!!!

I got some pics of my chocolates... I'm pretty sure one is a cockrel and one is a pullet but I'm on the fence about the medium sized one... please help me!

The one in the middle is the one that I'm sure is a male. The one on the right side I'm not sure about...
The two on the outside are keeping me guessing. One day I think they're pullets the next day a cockrel and a pullet and the next day I'm certain they're all cockrels...
One more pic of the one I'm really not sure about, the one on the right.

Last edited:
I'm so lost lol because bird 1 is certainly a cockrel but 2 has a little wattle development but it stopped and not so red. Bird 2 has a beautiful and feminine tail and cushion as does bird 3 which is certainly a pullet. Darn bird 2 is really throwing me for a loop lol!!!
Nothing to do but wait! I had the same thing a few months ago. Usually the boys have a wider stance and look a little stockier, but still I had one that I couldn't sex until the 4 month! Good luck. I just gave a guess.
hu.gif

Don't know if anyone still posts to this thread. Here are a few pics of my chocolates. First pic is a couple of my juviniles second is a pic of my mature breeders.

Thinking about getting some chocolates but most of the ads I see for eggs are chocolate/chocolate cuckoo. Does anyone know the genetics? Do chocolates hatch split (half chocolates and half chocolate cuckoo) or should chocolates breed true to their color?

Here is the 7 I picked up today. There about 8 weeks old. Was told 4 pullets and 3 cocks but I think it's 5 pullets and 2 cocks. I have 11 10 weeks old buff orpingtons and 6 year and a half old buffs

I've got a small group of chocolate Orpington chicks growing out now :) quite rare in Canada still! Super excited about them. I wish I could get my photos to upload on this site, they almost never work.

Back
Top Bottom