Cochin breeding, genetics, and showing

Hello all, I haven't read all posts yet but I will I have a question. I raise BBS bantam cochin. My chicks are only coming out blue so far but the blue is too dark. How do I get my future generations to be the lighter pretty blue with the good lacing or edging?

Hello all, I haven't read all posts yet but I will  I have a question. I raise BBS bantam cochin. My chicks are only coming out blue so far but the blue is too dark. How do I get my future generations to be the lighter pretty blue with the good lacing or edging?

Maybe cross with a splash to get the lighter color. My hen is to light so I need to cross her with a very dark blue or a black

This is my bantam mille fluer frizzle Cochin roo. I do not have a mille fluer hen. Suggestions on best color to breed with to keep and enhance his coloring
?

Ok I'm new to breeding bantam Cochins and I'm not necessarily going for show quality but would like to stick with standard. This is what I have:
Hens
2 black frizzle (breeder)
1 black smooth (hatchery)
1 blue frizzle (B)
1 splash smooth (B)
1 buff smooth (H)

Roosters
1 black smooth (H)
1 mottled smooth (B)

Any suggestions on who to breed to who and what will I get color wise?

Ok I'm new to breeding bantam Cochins and I'm not necessarily going for show quality but would like to stick with standard. This is what I have:
Hens
2 black frizzle (breeder)
1 black smooth (hatchery)
1 blue frizzle (B)
1 splash smooth (B)
1 buff smooth (H)

Roosters
1 black smooth (H)
1 mottled smooth (B)

Any suggestions on who to breed to who and what will I get color wise?

What color are you working towards? Have any pictures

The breeders are not in my possession yet. They should be here tomorrow. I'm not working towards a specific color just didn't know what I could get. I currently have a Bbs line of ameraucanas so I would like to follow that. I love the bantam Cochins for the kids. My three year old totes the buff around with him everywhere.

The breeders are not in my possession yet. They should be here tomorrow. I'm not working towards a specific color just didn't know what I could get. I currently have a Bbs line of ameraucanas so I would like to follow that. I love the bantam Cochins for the kids. My three year old totes the buff around with him everywhere.

What breeder are you getting them from?

The b/b/s would breed the same way as your Ams. The buff, I'm not sure where that factors in, and the mottled throws another gene in. Maybe this will help:

Back
Top Bottom