Coronation Sussex Thread!

Great revival Fancy, I just saw it pop up on the home page refresh.

As it happens, we not long ago hatched two of King George's chicks :)

I think they are a stunning variety, we already have two 'light' pullets, as long as at least one of the two new ones grows up a girl we will be happy :)

Hey Ben, had a busy day with the horses. When I got home I got some grain and sat on the grass with George and the chicks. He is such a lovely boy, I hope that yours get his lovely disposition .

If one of our chicks was a Male Coro, and we put him over our LS, would we get a mix of LS and Coro? I didn't even consider that possibility.

From what I've been told , if you put a LS roo ver a coro hen you would get 50% coro and 50% splits. Ie birds that look like LS but carry the coro gene. I'm not that great with genetics, but you would still get a very nice bird.

Ah that makes sense, I think I read that over the page too.

Was not sure if it split like blue/splash and black or if the black just diluted to somewhere between silver and black.

Our chicks have nice little wing feathers coming in, very big chicks too, bigger than I am used to seeing with so few feathers!

Here's my Coro Sussex, 'Hatake' (named after an anime character).

She's almost six weeks old and seems quite attached to the other chick I bought the same time as her, both were day olds. I can't pick up the other chick without her freaking out and she only gets louder if she can't see her 'sister', she follows her around everywhere. I kind of feel bad for her at times, because while her sister is fairly graceful, Hatake is anything but, haha. She's fairly noisy in general as well though, forever chirping. Even while eating and falling asleep, she chirps.
hmm.png
I hope it doesn't mean she's going to be a noisy hen when older, because we've got a neighbour who likes to complain about everything...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom