Coronation Sussex Thread!

Pics

rilly10

Clover Field Farm
9 Years
May 18, 2010
Pottstown, PA
This is the Coronation Sussex thread! Please post pictures if your birds and lets discuss this beautiful variety!

I have recently decided to get rid of my mixed layers and replace them with Coronation Sussex and it has been fun researching the variety and LOVE looking at the pictures! So PLEASE lets get all of out great info and pictures together in one place!

POST AWAY!
pop.gif

this is my Coro Sussex pullet at 8 months..she is from Chicken Scratch poultry in Illinois (Greenfire lines)...now she is laying at 9 months...nice sized light brown egg too! She is the top gal in the flock. Very pleasant bird to keep--HUGE.

Hmm, my three CS pullets that I recently purchased have a hatch date of the week of Easter 2014. That makes them 8 months old. Are they not laying yet because they matured so close to the time change? The man said they weren't laying yet when I picked them up. All are nice and red in the face. I even walked my yard to be sure they weren't hiding eggs from me and I found nothing.

Yes, the onset of winter can delay the whole procedure. I purposely hatch in winter so that mine are coming into lay for spring.

I saw two coronation Sussex at at show a few weeks ago. The color is very pretty. If I have it right they are a lavender form of the "light sussex: or genetically self blue columbian?

Back
Top Bottom