Coronation Sussex Thread!

droolin.gif

SO I was wondering...sorry I only have a ABA (bantam) standard...
hide.gif

Are Coronations a recognized color? If one was going to enter them in a show what would you put on the card?

They have shown up at two auctions near me in the last two weeks. They didn't stir up much excitement as none sold for more than $5. It was a shame they didn't go to fanciers. Tom

Double WOW! $5 for a Coronation Sussex? Clearly no 'chicken lovers' there.
I purchased 5 'pullets' this summer and two turned out to be 'imposters'.....roos! I had purchased a roo from another farm so I would have different blood lines. I just got my first egg today :) I'm not going to try hatching until late winter/early spring as the winters can be quite harsh here. We did have those two extra roos for dinner and let me tell you, that was the BEST chicken I have ever had.....great flavor!

SO I was wondering...sorry I only have a ABA (bantam) standard.../img/smilies/hide.gif

Are Coronations a recognized color? If one was going to enter them in a show what would you put on the card?

No, the Coronation variety is not APA recognized. At an APA sanctioned show you can show them as coronation and they will be judged but can't go beyond best of Variety. If you try to 'stick them in somewhere else. They would likely be disqualified.

this is my Coro Sussex pullet at 8 months..she is from Chicken Scratch poultry in Illinois (Greenfire lines)...now she is laying at 9 months...nice sized light brown egg too! She is the top gal in the flock. Very pleasant bird to keep--HUGE.

Back
Top Bottom