Crochet "Chat"

Oh, gosh I hear ya on the fuzzy yarn! I made a huge shawl, which I love for cold mornings in the house, from Lion Thick and Quick Homespun that my awesome pal, Terrie, sent me while we were trapped in that stupid RV post-house fire, and I cursed that stuff all the way through. But I adore the shawl! It's humongous and super warm and sits folded over the back of my recliner I sit in to crochet so I can quickly wrap up in it if I become chilled.

My SIL made me this scarf for a gift with funky eyelash yarn after she swore she'd never use that stuff again. I love the scarf, though! It's really soft. Here it is-looks like something you'd swat if you saw it on the floor in your kitchen. EEEK! Look, a hairy scarf!
gig.gif

*Sorry the pic is so blurry--my house was rather dark when I attempted a pic that day so neither photo represents the color properly.

Last edited:
Hello friends :) It's been a little bit since I've been on but I thought I'd drop in and share a few pics of things ive finished recently :)

Finished this Piglet for a family friend that ordered it but they never picked it up/paid for it so my niece became the happy new owner on Christmas Eve. She's 2yrs old in march and was Ecstatic!

Finished this mind-blowingly-soft blanket for a cousin that had a baby boy in November, she lives out of state but will be having a shower at my 'aunts' up here soon. I LOVE this yarn!!

This blanket is now close to finished, baby blanket size. I used a new method for attaching and wasn't please with the results, made the blanket 'slanty'. it will be finished soon though. I used Bernat SV 'Redwood' to attach. The variegated is also a Bernat color & the blue is RHSS 'Aqua', I think.

Some preemie hats I'm making now to use up the little skeins of baby yarn.

And a bed I made for my pup... finally figured out a use for that stupid Martha stewart yarn!

awww..... cute piglet. i like the dog bed i want to make one of these http://www.intocraft.com.au/2013/09/crochet-a-cats-cave/ but i don't have enough old T shirts yet to make the yarn and im not sure if i just found some really chunky yarn if that would work instead.

Quote:
I have to rely more on feeling the stitches than anything, it can be a big pain. My sister who started crocheting last year and has only done one project(chunky toddler blankie) is trying to use this right now and I had to frog half of what she had done to fix where she missed joining at the end of the row. She wasn't very happy about it!

Mrs. Clemens, elderly neighbor of Cetawin, who I made the matching hat and cowl for. Isn't she cute in them? They fit her perfectly, she says.
love it. Giving to others and seeing their joy is the best part of crafting in my opinion. I've got a care package I'm getting together for my friend who just had her second round of chemo Friday. I've got several hats for various occasions, a mug sleeve, a shawl and I'm finishing up an lapghan. The lapghan is cream with 3d flowers in different shades of pink. The edges are going to have "fight like a girl" embroidered on it since that's her mantra.

love it. Giving to others and seeing their joy is the best part of crafting in my opinion. I've got a care package I'm getting together for my friend who just had her second round of chemo Friday. I've got several hats for various occasions, a mug sleeve, a shawl and I'm finishing up an lapghan. The lapghan is cream with 3d flowers in different shades of pink. The edges are going to have "fight like a girl" embroidered on it since that's her mantra.

Your friend is a lucky lady and I bet a tough one! She'll love your gifts.

Back
Top Bottom