Crochet Granny Square SWAP ~ Fall 2011 (CLOSED!!!!)

Lol well I looked up the pattern and watched someone on YouTube and just tried and don't think I can do a granny square
sad.png
but I can do other crochet
sad.png
darn maybe I will keep trien and let ya know if I can because I don't gunk anyone wants a noon square lol

Quote:
Awww...don't give up yet!!!! Keep practicing! Whew, my first try ended in something so misshapen/lopsided!!!
lol.png
Go to our crochet chat thread and chat w/ us. There are many helpful links posted there. The deadline isn't until next weekend to sign up.
wink.png

How many folks are signed up??

I'm considering it, but I want to know if everyone would be okay with wool yarn. That means that what ever you make of my squares would have to be hand washed. I'm a spinner so I don't buy yarn ....

eta:
Wait a minute!! I just remembered that DH picked up a huge rubbermaid tote that was filled with acrylic yarns ... plenty in there to choose from!

Do each of the Granny squares we make have to match?

Are we limited to one color pallet?

Sign me up!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
I added your name to the list.
fl.gif
So far including yourself there are 10 committed to the swap. I think soon be 11, if bhazell decides to do it as well.
smile.png

SWAP details:
Fall color~ 4 ply~ 6" granny squares in any pattern, as long as the finished product measures 6". All requirements, deadlines & number of participants are located on page 1 (1st post) if anyone needs to go back and read them.
That is soooo cool you are a spinner. I've always been fascinated and wanted to watch the process from beginning to end.
~Welcome to the annual 2011 Fall Granny Square SWAP~
woot.gif

Good mornin everyone.......
big_smile.png
I have my pattern picked out and my colors. I am looking so so forward to this. I did one several years ago and once I recieved all of my squares then sat and put it together, it was amazing.

woot.gif
Welcome Mimm2003 & jenjscott to The 2011 Fall Granny Square swap!!!!!!

jen~ I was wondering if you wanted to do the swap. I was going to send you a pm if you hadn't signed up by the deadline.
smile.png
Looks like many past crochet swappers are busy w/ a quilt swap. How awesome!!!!! I hope to learn to make one before I leave this earth..actually hope to make many!
tongue.png

Ok, swappers you can always refer back to page 1 (post 1) of this thread for all rules, regulations, sign up deadlines & completion dates. I have edited it along the way to add the number/names of participants. So far we have 13 participants.
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
I also added this official swap thread to my signature if ya needed it.
smile.png

SunnyDawn & Mimm~ Oh do tell about your yarn & pattern selections!!!!
tongue2.gif

Friday I had only 5 minutes to make a quick run to Joanne's for yarn. Whew....amazing the damage I can do in such a short time.
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
Darn that Vanna for having such pretty fall colors in such "small" skeins on the end cap taunting me!
smack.gif
I couldn't decide, so I grabbed a bunch of lovely colors that I could barely carry, dropping many along the way to the register.
hide.gif

Busy day yesterday. I met a friend for a roof top garden tour, lunch and then off to the Botanical Garden to check out their plant sale. I was good and didn't buy anything. Then met hubby at the community's annual art show. Got home before dark to check on the peeps to discover one of our baby pullet (almost 4 months old) Cuckoo Marans missing. It was the only girl w/ feathered legs.
hit.gif
I looked every where for her last night and she was no where to be found. I was hoping she'd show up this morning, but I think she is gone.

Back
Top Bottom