Dark Egg Breeds Thread

Lurk......
big_smile.png

(it goes both ways!!)

Just spoke with my "chick connection"
celebrate.gif
He'll have Barnevelder's in Feb. and Maran's in April.
clap.gif
Oh what to do... what to do??
hu.gif

I've enjoyed your thread... got any suggestions?
woot.gif

Uh..... DUH UH!!!!
smack.gif
Go buy a bator!!! LOL
celebrate.gif
yippiechickie.gif
you are by Madelynnbelle and also Illia for marans... They have such Drool worthy stock!!!
droolin.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Ah, thank you Geebs
big_smile.png

Hmmm, I wonder if they could eat Natural Glo? That's a stablized rice bran product for horses. It makes their coats shiny.
smile.png

I suppose it's probably not such a great idea to feed the same food to different species.

Anyone ever fed their Chickens Natural Glo?

Quote:
oohhhhh...sure, I see! You lurk in the "other thread" my dear friend but you don't pop in and say HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wink.png
big_smile.png

I haven't noticed blood spots in my Marans eggs but I have noticed them from time to time in my light brown egg layers eggs, but I don't eat that many of my eggs as they are all earmarked for eating egg customers, and knowing my customers like I do they would have me know pronto if they found something undesireable in them.

I agree with Jan and the possibility of lacking a vitamin. Sweet potatoes are history here at my house once they hit the goodie bowl. I just gave the chicks in the brooder a piece of warm cooked sweet potato and they didn't stop until it was gone and left all the other stuff that it was mixed in with. Tummies are full now and we are finally sleeping this morning, they have been chirping up a storm since I got up. They're so peaceful when they are sleeping..................funny, I'm sure my parents said the same thing about me and my siblings when we were sleeping.
gig.gif

Ahahahhahha
lol.png
The first page scared me away and I never came back. Besides I thought it would be safer to post on a thread that didn't have the "M" word in the title
hide.gif

hee
Sweet Potatoes huh? Ok well, they've never had taters before. That might be fun to try this weekend.

Drom...It goes through cycles... Lately the thread is very user friendly..
hugs.gif
When it gets nasty mods are called quickly.... It has remained a friendly environment for a few weeks now
lau.gif
Come on over... you can hide behind me... I will
smack.gif
"em" for ya!!! Nice thread over here though... I think everyone knows your thread is a "drama-free" zone.
yippiechickie.gif

Honest opinions......Welsummers or marans.....NOT BOTH
Seems to me that marans are very complicated. I've got both right now but I'm not exactly sure about keeping both.

Back
Top Bottom