De-worming and Wazine Concern

Pics
HELLO HAVE SOME CHICKENS THAT MAY HAVE WORMS NOTICED ONE CHICKEN EXPEL WORMS. HAVE CHECKED AT LOCAL VETS OFFICES THEY CARRY NO KIND OF WORMERS FOR CHICKENS. WENT TO TRACTOR SUPPLY AND LOCAL FEED STORES THEY CARRY NONE ALSO. CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO ORDER AND WHERE TO ORDER FROM TO TREAT THEM. PREFER SOMETHING I CAN MIX IN THERE WATER HAVE A ONE GALLON SIZE WATERER. NEEDING INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE THANK YOU REALLY ENJOY MY CHICKENS AND WANT TO KEEP THEM HEALTHY.

welcome-byc.gif

Go back to TSC and get Safeguard (fenbendazole) for Goats or Cattle. I give it orally 50mg/kg ( .5ml/kg) and repeat in ten days. Some people put it in the water, but I don't do that, so I don't know how much to give for how long.

From Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook - 7th Edition

Last edited:
I know this post is pretty old, but hoping you're still there to respond....
regarding the follow-up with Ivermectin. What is the wait period, if any for consuming eggs following that treatment?

We have had a similar problem with someone who treated our chickens for five days while we were out of town. Were you ever able to have your question answered?

I have a question about worming during hatching season with safeguard or valbazen. Will it affect the eggs for hatching? And if so, how long should you wait after worming to collect hatching eggs? I know it differs with each wormer for egg withdrawal for eating but wasn't sure for hatching. Is anyone familiar with this?

Back
Top Bottom