deaths door peacock

Yes Q8 is right on, the dosage for mature peafowl is 2 ml for a hen or three ml for a cock. Ml and cc are the same. Give for five days and then another round ten days later to kill the worms that hatch after the first treatment.

You should get some Kaytee baby bird food or some canned cat food for tube feeding it would really help. He needs at least 60ml two to three times per day.

Ive been feeding him with a syringe. I use to raise baby parrots and would have to do that with them. He's now taking food good, just shakes his head when I first open his mouth. This morning he was just like a noodle.

Ok, I gave him 1.5 about 2 hours ago, just give him another 1.5 now and 3 for the next 5 days or reduce it for the following days, ive read so much I just don't want to get it confused.

Ive been trying to keep his craw full but not overdo it, just each time i check on him i check to see how full or loose it is. hes still not standing or supporting his weight without flopping over yet. also on the hen, shes outside and seems to be doing good should i worm her on the same schedual too to be safe or just one dose?

Last edited:
I got the Safeguard goat dewormer (febenzadole). I forgot to add that.

Kskingbee and q8peafowl are spot on thanks for chiming in, you almost have to try to kill them with dewormers to be honest, its hard to overdose them with dewormers like febenzadole and albenzadole so dont worry. After seeing that pic, I agree tube feeding might be needed, try to get him to eat scrambled eggs as they love it and if you can get him to eat on his own he should be fine. Go ahead and increase the dosage as suggested to 3cc/ml starting tomorrow and continue for 5 days with a repeat 10 days later. Yes and double yes, deworm the hen as well as Im afraid she could fall ill as well. Some of the absolute best peafowl people are here on this forum, q8peafowl and Kskingbee thanks brothers!
1f44d.png
Cecilia I bid you good luck and please keep us posted,(love your name by the way).

Gerald Barker

Ive been trying to keep his craw full but not overdo it, just each time i check on him i check to see how full or loose it is. hes still not standing or supporting his weight without flopping over yet. also on the hen, shes outside and seems to be doing good should i worm her on the same schedual too to be safe or just one dose?

A one fay dose will kill roundworms, to get all types of worms you need to do the five day treatment. I would do both birds at the same time and schedule although the hen needs two ml per day.

thank you guys so much. Also, then hen probably weights about 10 lbs and the male maybe 5lbs or possibly less, would that have any effect on the dose? Hes starting to process food at a faster rate tonight then last night. But still real weak. I'm going to leave some food with him between feeds to see if he'll eat some on his own.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom