destruction and disposal orders HELP

they dont need a warrant and they can go wherever they want and do whatever they want. I bet if you give the officials a hard time they will give you a much harder time.

They have way more authority than the police... right at the beginning, John called his lawyer who showed up immediately only to inform John that there is nothing they can do... its way over there head.

Last edited:
:yiipchick CBS news just left ... toward the end of the interview, i received a phone call letting me know that my flock has been brought back to quarantine status... THANK YOU EVERYBODY for thoughts prayers and helpful info --- it would NOT have happened without th​e:hugs  group effort :hugs ...i have a lot of phone calls to make right now! peace to all:yiipchick  

Annnnnd cue tears.

I am Sooooooo happy for you!!!!

thankfully the cases in my state have been minimal and far, far from my flock and no new cases in over a month... that doesn't mean I still don't worry tho... an interesting thing about the USDA tracking site is a vast vast vast majority of infected flocks are very very large flocks of commercial operations of well over 10,000 birds.. coincidence?

I'm very new to all this, so forgive me if I sound ignorant, but aren't most of these facilities enclosed? How would they go about catching something like AI?

I'm just so thrilled about this story. Doing the, how you say, chicken dance? Get funky!

Commercial livestock buildings are environmentally controlled by using huge fans and forcing the air in, through and out of the buildings. During extremely hot weather, misting systems and the huge fans are alternated. (The fans turn off, the misting system is activated and after a short period of time, the fans come back on: all done automatically by timers.)

Commercial livestock buildings are environmentally controlled by using huge fans and forcing the air in, through and out of the buildings. During extremely hot weather, misting systems and the huge fans are alternated. (The fans turn off, the misting system is activated and after a short period of time, the fans come back on: all done automatically by timers.)

Well, that makes perfect sense. Thanks for the enlightenment. Lol ;)

Man. . . I never thought I could worry so much about chickens. They crept right into my heart.

Subbing to you on YouTube, john. Beautiful birds!

Thanks for posting all the bio security links and protocols, TheGawd. I live in SE Pennsylvania and we don't have AI yet, but we will, we will. I only have six hens, but live among farms that have more extensive flocks for large families. No commercial operations though. My flock is closed and will certainly remain so, but they range on our yard (cooped at night).
1f615.png
It's all very scary.

We all need to be careful. NY banned shipping in any poultry or eggs that come from other states unless they are from a AI monitored facility. They also banned or canceled rather poultry shows at all county fairs and the state fair. Other states are doing the same. A lot of disappointed 4H kids, but better safe then sorry.
Here's a sad article of a woman who lost her entire flock, 50 yrs of breeding Jersey Giants to a newcastle outbreak that killed thousands. I think they linked it to people importing birds illegally. An old letter but it makes you think what could happen to any of us.

http://nationaljerseygiantclub.com/media/Document_17.pdf

Pennsylvania has banned all poultry shows, including at fairs, 4H, and the like, for 2015, and has cancelled the entire poultry division of the PA Farm Show for 2016. The outbreak is in the news here, especially (of course) the ag papers like Lancaster Farmer.

I'm very new to all this, so forgive me if I sound ignorant, but aren't most of these facilities enclosed? How would they go about catching something like AI?

I'm just so thrilled about this story. Doing the, how you say, chicken dance? Get funky!

Not by a long shot PeckinGorgeous,,, as enola says these buildings are huge most housing 10,000 birds or more in easch building,, and maintain airflow with fans big enough to walk through if the blades were not in the way. Some as in the case with more turkey farms are even open air design. A quick google search turns up this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=chi...oTCJDY2Kj8jMYCFVUSkgod0ygApw&biw=1366&bih=657

also,, egg sellers can be misleading as well,, even though your egg carton may SAY cage free,, while TECHNICALY not false,, the conditions of the birds are not much better as indicated here:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...d=0CCkQMygMMAxqFQoTCN_C8bT8jMYCFUoIkgodt84AZw

as others have mentioned,, be well informed,, the more you you know about your food source the better,, and in this day and age of interwebs and electronica it is much easier for us to do so :)

Back
Top Bottom