destruction and disposal orders HELP

I always enjoy helping where I can as well. Been raising chickens for well over 30 years now. :)
I do tend to get a little over-zelous at times when it comes to battery farms and the way animals are treated in them. And I make no apologies for that. Not really an activist,, I just don't like seeing animals forced to live in conditions like that. Thankfully our state put an end to puppy mill, has made strides in the pork industry and has taken a few tentative steps in the poultry industry.

John, that clip was amazing. And nice job on the part of that reporter falling back on her training and instincts and calling the DOA before she came out to interview you. You're probably right - without that heads-up the DOA wouldn't have known their actions were under a media microscope and cancelled their plans for dusk. Too many reporters jump on the first part of the story and then check with other entities to do a "followup" and "get their reaction". She got it right! Had she interviewed you, aired the interview, and then contacted the DOA, it could well have been too late!

Now, keep them thar birds to home, and let us know once in awhile how they are doing. Your smile was contagious!

here's the news clip:   http://wtvr.com/2015/06/13/im-ecsta...ts-after-state-threatened-to-euthanize-flock/

the reporter, Chelsea Rarrick had the insight to stop at the DOA before they headed here... had she not done that, my birds would probably be dead  --- the euthanizing was scheduled for dusk... 

thank you ALL for your support and kind words -- it really meant and still means the world to me:hugs  

Now that is a reporter doing her job right!!!

Big round of applause for Chelsea Rarrick!!!!

Very happy for you, John! :hugs

Thrilled John
highfive.gif

Like others, I was moved to tears when I saw your video last night. I was speechless, didn't know what to say. You have beautiful birds. I'm so glad things are turning around for you and them.
I was out at our coop this morning doing my routine and watching my birds and all I could think about was how would I react if this were to happen here. It surely does not take long to get sooooo attached to them.

Wishing you and your birds all the best.
NanaK

Congrats again johnskoi and kudos to Chelsea for doing a great job!

I want to thank you also for really showing us just how devastating AI can be. As some have posted and many are probably thinking ‘what if that was me and my flock’ .. your story will have made a lot of people more aware and proactive about protecting their flock.

AI is not currently an issue in Australia but it is definitely a concern. I only have a flock of 6 but they are my babies and I have already made a conscious decision to put myself into lock down, nothing in or out.

Good luck with the quarantine and fingers crossed for a happy result
fl.gif

As Blooie mentioned, please let us know how you are doing, you have made a lot of new friends worldwide
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom