Dixie Rainbows Thread

Pics
Im interested also, culling the last of our Cornish this morning and looking for something different next time..... im liking the dixies so far from what I have read!

very hardy they started our chicken addiction! d'uccles, silkies cochins welsummer maran buff autrolorp and barred rock now.........so dixies are in fact an addiction starter
idunno.gif

I have a ? Has anyone ever had a great run of eggs and then a few started pushing some eggs that are gel like??

I have a ? Has anyone ever had a great run of eggs and then a few started pushing some eggs that are gel like??
welcome-byc.gif
Great to have you. Have you kept up with the oyster shell? Maybe they need calcium. This is hearsay because my chickens are just now coming to point of lay. I should have my first egg within 2 wks. I hope, I hope.
wee.gif

Vet told me last week my girl's were getting to much Calcium that's why there legs where swollen. . I might need a new vet=-)

:welcome   Great to have you.  Have you kept up with the oyster shell?  Maybe they need calcium.   This is hearsay because my chickens are just now coming to point of lay.   I should have my first egg within 2 wks.  I hope, I hope.    :weee

I'm not sure but it may be one of the Red Pullets it's about there size. The Dixie Rainbows all ways give me massive eggs double yoked. I'm thinking of giving the Reds away next year and pick up some more Rainbows.

check out the thread on abnormal eggs... there are all sorts of odd eggs out there and a few people with the same thing going on

Back
Top Bottom