Do Nosy Neighbours Count As Pests?

:confused: Looking for aliens, maybe?? lol

Or they are aliens and they're trying to signal the Mother ship.

Seriously though I don't know what to think I was up at the *** crack of dawn the other day, made my tea and went out on our back deck to watch the last of the sunrise and there the neighbour is standing in the middle of her yard staring into ours.

The chickens weren't even outside yet, I waved she turned around walked back inside.

Seriously though I don't know what to think I was up at the *** crack of dawn the other day, made my tea and went out on our back deck to watch the last of the sunrise and there the neighbour is standing in the middle of her yard staring into ours.

The chickens weren't even outside yet, I waved she turned around walked back inside.
Maybe they have bodies buried in their backyard & they are worried about your hens flying over the fence & digging them up :lau Very strange indeed
1f602.png

Or maybe they are searching at night for a pile of chicken doo so they can go to the township & say your chickens are getting in their yard and that you need to get rid of them. Some people are absolutely crazy.

I'll tell you, I'm starting to wonder if they weren't always this weird and I just never ever noticed before the chickens.
I bet they were. I would set up trail cams and see if you can't figure out what they are doing in the middle of the night with flashlights in the backyard lol.

Have you thought about going over, ringing the doorbell and maybe talking to them?

I have honestly though I'm reluctant due to a mixture of laziness, apprehension and stubbornness. I'm disinclined to waste my time with them when I have more important things to do, although I may just be assuring myself of that because really I'm also I little worried that I might open I can of worms by going over there, starting with first and foremost how does one politely bring this up.

'Hey I've notice you photographing my house...'

Or

'Hey what up with the torches at 11 at night...'

Or

'So ah why were you standing in your yard the other morning watching my house...'

Since they run when I come outside I doubt they want to talk and maybe it's not that they have an issue with me, maybe it's that their planning to extend their garage and don't want to field my perceived nosy questions. Regardless though it's been my experience that people usually go on the defensive when you corner them in their homes.

Finally I'm kind of stubborn about it. I think if they have concerns they should be adult enough to stick their heads over the fence and go hey... Where are you planning on putting that coop once it's finished...

Also too I'm still not sure their weirdness has anything to do with us... Which means that I'm kind of being the nosy creeper and I'd prefer not to call attention to that.

I say kill them with kindness. How about going over and saying, "I just wanted to say hi because we never seem to both be outside at the same time.". Just to see how they respond. Then you will know if they actually have some animus toward you.

Howdy Zeil

First up, love the “tissue box cover” reference
lau.gif

I would be suspicious of their motives also.

Being a fellow Brisbanite in a residential area, I am allowed to keep chickens and coop position etc is legal and luckily my neighbours love the gals; free eggs helps
wink.png
But, it does not sound like your neighbours are the sort to accept them.

Because of neighbourhood dogs and cats, my coop and run is predator proof but the gals get a supervised free range every afternoon and nearly all day on the weekends while I potter in the garden. As you can see, I have low fences and in the two and half years I have had chickens, none have ever made any moves to leave our yard; mind you, I have bantams who fly like bricks
wink.png

Anyways, just wanted to mention that I am glad I do not have neighbours like yours
wink.png

With the torches in the rain, could they be on a cane toad hunt? One lick of a decent sized cane toad and the tissue box cover would be no more
lau.gif

Last edited:
I have honestly though I'm reluctant due to a mixture of laziness, apprehension and stubbornness. I'm disinclined to waste my time with them when I have more important things to do, although I may just be assuring myself of that because really I'm also I little worried that I might open I can of worms by going over there, starting with first and foremost how does one politely bring this up.

'Hey I've notice you photographing my house...'

Or

'Hey what up with the torches at 11 at night...'

Or

'So ah why were you standing in your yard the other morning watching my house...'

Since they run when I come outside I doubt they want to talk and maybe it's not that they have an issue with me, maybe it's that their planning to extend their garage and don't want to field my perceived nosy questions. Regardless though it's been my experience that people usually go on the defensive when you corner them in their homes.

Finally I'm kind of stubborn about it. I think if they have concerns they should be adult enough to stick their heads over the fence and go hey... Where are you planning on putting that coop once it's finished...

Also too I'm still not sure their weirdness has anything to do with us... Which means that I'm kind of being the nosy creeper and I'd prefer not to call attention to that.

I can say i share your animosity, just sometimea you gotta bite the bullet and put em on point.
Call their bluff if you will.
You arnt doing anything wrong or illegal, go ring that doorbell and act like you just want to finally meet em. Tell em youve seen em from a distance many times and just really want to meet em.
Dont ask about any of the strange behavior at first. Just talk, introduce yourself and maybe invite em over for a beer and a hamburger some Saturday. Then you get to talk to em and figure out what is really going on.

Back
Top Bottom