Do you have a dog???

Lol I would stop after 2 pets!! I can't stand 7 or more… Do we have any more dog pics??

Wish I could do it for more, but it gets expensive! I also have 5 cats here, which is quite enough now, but, of course, if anything´s really desperate.......
wink.png
Boy does it ever...we use 250 pounds of dry dog food plus treats and table stuff for our seven each month. It really adds up fast. Add to that the 200-250 pounds of poultry feed we go through and the feathered and furred folks here eat more and better than we do. But they give us eggs to supplement our diet and warm snuggles, sloppy wet kisses and cuddles at night. It all balances out.

Boy does it ever...we use 250 pounds of dry dog food plus treats and table stuff for our seven each month. It really adds up fast. Add to that the 200-250 pounds of poultry feed we go through and the feathered and furred folks here eat more and better than we do. But they give us eggs to supplement our diet and warm snuggles, sloppy wet kisses and cuddles at night. It all balances out.
lol.png
My dogs are on raw meat and rice and veg, fruit, etc diet, both because it´s so much better for them than the average dried food here, and the best dried food is ridiculously expensive, I´d not be able to feed them all with it. The decider came with the latest arrival who can´t have any carbs because of the yeast problem she has, so I changed the lot. It works out about the same as buying the medium-quality feed. and they love it.

lol.png
My dogs are on raw meat and rice and veg, fruit, etc diet, both because it´s so much better for them than the average dried food here, and the best dried food is ridiculously expensive, I´d not be able to feed them all with it. The decider came with the latest arrival who can´t have any carbs because of the yeast problem she has, so I changed the lot. It works out about the same as buying the medium-quality feed. and they love it.

The larger picture shows Dusty as she looks for the summer. The smaller one is without her "puppy cut" to stay cool in the summer. She's a 13 year old pomeranian. A couple of weeks ago, she was in the way of one of my pekins and he just flew right over the top of her! (At one time, we had seven dogs, which is way too many and will not happen again. We're sticking with one at a time.)

lol.png
We were thinking about making that change but the ongoing drought has forced so many of the ranchers to reduce or eliminate their stock which has driven up the price of meat to where we can hardly afford it for ourselves. We do supplement their dry food diet with people food and of course the occasional scrambled egg added which they really enjoy.

Nutmeg is raw fed, she is intolerant of potato, oats, salmon and some other cereals so dry food is hard work checking ingrediants. My husband is a chef so she gets all meat 'on the turn' free (cant be sold but still ok-dogs can process foods a lot longer than us anyway so I dont worry-breakfast is going to be half a joint of unsmoked gammon that we forgot to eat up from the fridge-unusual for her as its cooked!), then the butchers do us bargain bags very cheap-full of the stuff no one wants like chicken feet and necks, various offal etc. For us it works out lots cheaper anyway, which is good as she has a fast metabolism and needs to eats over double what she should, meat wise she will have a good 700g of unsmoked gammon for her breakfast and then two very large chicken carcasses for tea so probably 1.5 kg of food and than is not unusual-but her body goes underweight quite quickly with less and you can see from the photos that she is not overweight!

Back
Top Bottom