D'uccle Thread

The birds are looking great Doug
smile.png
Love your little silver guy. If the little blue mahogany fella matures like mine has, Aubrey said the color is called "Blue Buff Columbian". Not a super pic, but it shows the color I have. Yours looks a bit like him...Any mott in his background?

39809_blueroo7.jpg

The breeder said the eggs came from a pen with: Blue Mottled split to Mille Fleur roo in with MF hens. She said I might end up with a Blue Mille Fleur. I haven't even attempted to dive into D'Uccle genetics...thought one of the breeders here would know just by looking
smile.png

i was hoping that there might be others out there with pics of their 'splash' milli fleur's. i have a funky boy that doesn't have the black in his body, wings or beard, but he does have some splashed in his tail! i'll get a pic posted in the morning to show what he looks like so we can compare.

I have what is supposed to be aMille' Fluer Du' ucCle, and it has black and tanish brown like its supposed to but is not getting the white that my Mille' Fluer Du'UcCle has. Is this a sign that its a roo, or just a mutt? He/r comb seems rather large compared to others the same age.... any thoughts?

Heres a pic of it with others its age(ignore the guinea)
261725_243517505678050_211597622203372_918080_4024871_n.jpg

Another pic... Is it just a mutt?
281257_243773952319072_211597622203372_919031_1044372_n.jpg

Is there anyone in the MA/So NH area with some d'uccle chicks for sale(girls)? I have 9 roos out of 12 chicks! My poor daughter is so sad as she wanted to raise/breed d'Uccles and we need more hens! Our current hens are 2mo and 3mo old so if we could find some in that age range it would be awesome...thanks! Not fussy about the type at this point, though she loves the lav and porcelain...
smile.png

Quote:
Yes.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/2952_100_8538.jpg

Pretty guy Lori
big_smile.png

Thanks! Yes, but he was mean as a snake.
That was hard for me, because he was from Ronnie and soooo pretty. But after 3 largish bruises despite lots of positive handling... I sold him and kept his kids and Bertha. Am working with the offspring and they're responding well to handling.

Bertha is spending way too much time being broody. I'm allowing it because she has a broader than usual d'Uccle butt (fits more eggs) and because she gets a might snippy when I try to break her of it. She's not into chicks, though, and I have a millie that's been raising them to about 3 weeks of age.

Back
Top Bottom