Duck Breed Focus - Muscovy

Pics
Usually by a month old, the drakes are much larger.

Our first drake, Stanley bottom right. Obviously a longer body and bigger duck.The other 3 of our original quad were all hens. Wee got them after mothers day 2012 and the picture was late June that year.

Usually by a month old, the drakes are much larger. Our first drake, Stanley bottom right. Obviously a longer body and bigger duck.The other 3 of our original quad were all hens. Wee got them after mothers day 2012 and the picture was late June that year.
I love the drakes color! They're beautiful

Usually by a month old, the drakes are much larger.

Our first drake, Stanley bottom right. Obviously a longer body and bigger duck.The other 3 of our original quad were all hens. Wee got them after mothers day 2012 and the picture was late June that year.
BEAUTIFUL colors!

Hey today I got a beautiful all black Muscovy she has like green and purple on her back. I have a blue male with 2 brown females but one female has patches of white. Will the ducklings come out mixed in colors?

Thank you all for the compliments! I have learned that unless you know the lineage of your Scovys, anythings possible. I have mostly black or chocolate pied, rippled and lavender hens and drakes now. Every hatch surprises me, one of the many reasons I like the breed. I admit I need to learn a lot more about the genetics for color. I get so many diverse colors in each hatch Its pretty exciting.

Thank you all for the compliments! I have learned that unless you know the lineage of your Scovys, anythings possible. I have mostly black or chocolate pied, rippled and lavender hens and drakes now. Every hatch surprises me, one of the many reasons I like the breed. I admit I need to learn a lot more about the genetics for color. I get so many diverse colors in each hatch Its pretty exciting.
thats what I want I don't want simple colors I want the whole rainbow if you will lol

Hey today I got a beautiful all black Muscovy she has like green and purple on her back. I have a blue male with 2 brown females but one female has patches of white. Will the ducklings come out mixed in colors?
In some threads they say, "it didn't happen if you don't post a picture" lol. I would love to see your all black scovy. There is a genetics page that someone posted recently about what colors you will get. If I can find it, I will send it to you.

thats what I want I don't want simple colors I want the whole rainbow if you will lol
X2

My drakes are breeding my female but she doesn't lay yet, when should I expect my egg? If she make a nest should I let her make a clutch or ??
How old is she? I am experiencing the same thing. They should be laying whether they mated or not. Ours are older females that we just got so I'm thinking we are still in adjustment mode.

Back
Top Bottom