Duck Breed Focus - Muscovy

Pics
They are in an incubator. Today was day 31 so just waiting...
fl.gif
Hoping for a really good hatch according to candling, I should get an excellent hatch... so hopefully they're won't be any issues! Do they normally hatch before day 35? Because my chickens usually start hatching on day 19, and my turkeys hatched on day 26.
They can. I would candle and watch closely for internal pips.
fl.gif
Good luck.

My 3.5week olds like me to be around when they are outside and foraging, and start peeping when left alone. They are fine in the coop. At what age do they feel more comfortable on their own outside? It's nice to be part of the flock and all but ...

I got my first pip!!!! It's not pipped all the way through the shell yet but it pipped! I'm so excited!!
wee.gif
Are you referring to external? External pips look like a little raised spot at first. Once they've pipped internally you should be able to see the beak shadow inside of the air cell and hear peeping.

What should I have my humidity at?
After first internal pip..."drop the temp down to 98 to 98.5 ºF (dropping temp to 100.5 for the still air bators) and increase humidity to 60% or betterHumidity will go up as the start to hatch."

Make sure all of your vents are open.

check this link out https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubating-and-hatching-muscovy-eggs
fl.gif
for successful hatches

Last edited:
Are you referring to external?  External pips look like a little raised spot at first.  Once they've pipped internally you should be able to see the beak shadow inside of the air cell and hear peeping. 

After first internal pip..."drop the temp down to 98 to 98.5 ºF (dropping temp to 100.5 for the still air bators) and increase humidity to 60% or betterHumidity will go up as the start to hatch."

Make sure all of your vents are open.

check this link out https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubating-and-hatching-muscovy-eggs  :fl for successful hatches

Yes an external pip, where it's just raised up broken eggshell.

Yes an external pip, where it's just raised up broken eggshell.

So how's the hatching? That external pip reveal a cute little ball of fluff yet? We went out last night to put the kids to bed and found out our duck that went broody first was sitting on five new ducklings! She didn't put up too much of a fight when I took them inside and put them in the brooder. I'll see if I can get a picture showing the size difference a little more than a week makes.
Good luck!! And keep us posted!!

Back
Top Bottom