Duck Breed Focus - Muscovy

Pics
Either that or he isn't sexually mature yet. LOL

My drake isn't interested in his girls yet too cold and snowy.
He has been mating, but the female he mates stays by him most of the time. Sometimes one female is on top of the other one grooming her, and sometimes one male is on top of the other male. There have been two males on top of one female, and when that happens I break it up.

Last edited:
Just obtained Muscovies this past summer and have questions regarding proper drake behavior. Is it aggression for a drake to grab my rooster's tail feathers? He also chases one of the female muscovies to mate, because she clearly does not want his attention. The Muscovies and chickens have separate areas of the barn, but share the same outdoor area, which is very large.

My flock drake thought it was a fun game to pull out all the rooster's sickle feathers, so the poor guy had a pretty unimpressive tail for a while...then it grew back and the drake must have become bored with the game because the behavior stopped. Everyone gets along pretty well now, but the pecking order had to be sorted out.

I have a large group of 'scovy ducks and drakes under a year old and spring must be in the air because the boys are feeling frisky.
roll.png

I was out cleaning the duck house heard a hen squawking and looked out the window and one of my Muscovy females was latched on to her tail.

I have never had 2 Muscovy drakes together on a female only time mine ever got together was for fighting.

My flock drake thought it was a fun game to pull out all the rooster's sickle feathers, so the poor guy had a pretty unimpressive tail for a while...then it grew back and the drake must have become bored with the game because the behavior stopped. Everyone gets along pretty well now, but the pecking order had to be sorted out.

I have a large group of 'scovy ducks and drakes under a year old and spring must be in the air because the boys are feeling frisky.
roll.png
Spring "relations" never stop here
barnie.gif
It drives me crazy. I have one male that chases his girls. I'm always running after him yelling, 'they don't like you, leave them alone, lol.' It doesn't stop him for even a second, lol.

I was out cleaning the duck house heard a hen squawking and looked out the window and one of my Muscovy females was latched on to her tail.

I have never had 2 Muscovy drakes together on a female only time mine ever got together was for fighting.
Are those your runners in your avatar? So beautiful
love.gif

Whoops, sorry, lol. I thought they were just standing funny because they are on the edge of the pool. They are so pretty. Do runners mate with regular ducks??
My Runner drake mates with these 2 Buffs they all hatched together and last fall he was chasing my scovy girls but i noticed now he drops his head and makes the move Hope it stays that way. After all he has 7 girls of his own to keep him busy.

Back
Top Bottom