Duck Breed Focus - Muscovy

Pics
Well, this has never happened... they are all the same size. PLEASE tell me they are all girls
fl.gif
The blue with the white bib might be a tad bit bigger than the others.

Here in Trumbull County you are allowed to shake their eggs but I would have to call fish and game regarding chasing. This pair makes their nest or did in the past by smashing the cattails down off shore until there was a lovely big mound and then she laid her eggs. I figured by riding the 4 wheeler around the pond every evening they would leave but nope. We've even target practice (not at them) and that doesn't faze them.
I think it's better to remove the eggs rather than shake, that way the geese are not sitting on eggs for no reason. I love Canada geese.

Last edited:
I like them to but not being able to enjoy the pond that's different. I think we'll bring the back hoe home and dig out the creek maybe they'll go down there. We have a lot of land to bring back under control after it being left to do it's thing for 10 years.
Hope it works out so everyone can live peacefully. Sounds like a nice place you have for everyone.
thumbsup.gif

Definitely one boy. I really think the other 8 are girls
wee.gif
fl.gif
Hope to get more pictures tomorrow.
So pretty. Well what ever happened this time round please write it down so we can all use it.
lol.png

I want ducklings so much but I can't bring myself to let my girls hatch because of getting more drakes, I love them but as we all know it just causes havoc and re homing is so hard.

Back
Top Bottom