Duck enclosure and other questions

I'd look for a weather proof dog house unless you just want to get plans and build your own. I thoguht I'd end up building our first duck houses but it was actually cheaper to get the dogloo and the wooden dog house on sale.

I'd look for a weather proof dog house unless you just want to get plans and build your own. I thoguht I'd end up building our first duck houses but it was actually cheaper to get the dogloo and the wooden dog house on sale.
I have a dog crate (plastic) but it has holes in the back and sides. I guess I could wrap it. I am quickly running out of room in their 10x10 enclosure. When we leave for a few days I have to put their kiddie pool in there, with their water, food, and their little nest, poor things don't have any room! Wow is me! My husband will kill me if I ask to get a bigger enclosure! LOL
Thanks for the information!
M

How do you keep them from flying away?
You'll need to clip one wing on each duck I have to do this for my Muscovys to keep them grounded.

I would also buy them some good feed cracked corn does not give them all the nutrients they need for healthy legs and bodies. It's okay as a treat and real good for a treat during late afternoon in winter as it keeps them warmer over night being carbohydrate but they really need a feed formulated for all poultry and then offer oyster shell on the side for your female layers.
LL

Last edited:
Miss Lydia' these are my first ducks I have two mallards 1 male 1 female. If you could tell me what Ineed to ask for when iI go to the co-op I would appreciate it. I have seen were some feed them pellets cracked corn brewers yeast I'mjust not sure were to get this and what its called. Thank you so much. They are the sweetest little things. My bbaby's lol.

You'll need to clip one wing on each duck I have to do this for my Muscovys to keep them grounded. I would also buy them some good feed cracked corn does not give them all the nutrients they need for healthy legs and bodies. It's okay as a treat and real good for a treat during late afternoon in winter as it keeps them warmer over night being carbohydrate but they really need a feed formulated for all poultry and then offer oyster shell on the side for your female layers.
LL
what kind of feed do I buy them and were do I get it . thanks. For your help

You'll need to clip one wing on each duck I have to do this for my Muscovys to keep them grounded.

I would also buy them some good feed cracked corn does not give them all the nutrients they need for healthy legs and bodies. It's okay as a treat and real good for a treat during late afternoon in winter as it keeps them warmer over night being carbohydrate but they really need a feed formulated for all poultry and then offer oyster shell on the side for your female layers.
LL
You can do this just go right by the diagram. I was scared to when I first started but I did it and you can too. and you'll have peace of mind they are and safe too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom