Duck Videos Thread!

Yeah, we got him before we knew how many problems Crested Ducks could have.  We did know that females having their crest yanked instead of their necks during mating could be disastrous so that's why he's our other drake.  We also knew that crested from both parents meant disaster in the shell, but at that time, we figured a professional place like Metzer would breed a non-crested with a crested and 50% of their offspring would be salable.  We didn't know that "normal" one sided Crested Ducks could have as many problems as they do.  I think we really lucked out there.  Tevye seems to be a very happy duck and he is engaged with the other ducks, the only things "unusual" about him are he walks slow as molasses (although he can run like the wind when he wants to).  He actually has very good balance and coordination - better than some of the other ducks as far as ramps and steps and not tripping over things.  The other thing is he has to look over his shoulder more than other ducks because his rear vision is partially blocked by his poof, but he's the first one to see hawks, eagles and airplanes.  The savage way he eats lettuce makes me think he doesn't have any kind of headaches either 'cause he would slow down a bit if he did.  Also we lucked out aesthetically in my opinion because he has a big prominent crest that never gets so big it has to be trimmed and is centered fairly well on the top rear of his head where it only affects his vision slightly and looks like a styling do.  I doubt we would ever get another Crested Duck because of all the potential problems, but we sure love Tevye.
I love Tevye, too.

It was funny how they ran as a cluster.

I know! Up until very recently, they always moved like that. Even when foraging in the garden, they would stay in a tight little group no bigger than 6-8 feet across! Now they spread out a lot more, sometimes even dividing into two groups on opposite sides of our fenced-in yard. Maybe they feel more confident now that there's a drake, or now that's there's six ducks instead of five?

I can see why :p

263a.png

My workday was over at 5:00 and I happened to already be home
big_smile.png
. The 20 - 25 minutes that it takes Yvonne to get home from work is "lay in the backyard with the ducks" time. I took a comforter and flopped down with the ducks who were mostly snoozing in the sun. When Yvonne drove in the driveway, the ducks got up and stretched and started acting ducky walking around, foraging, etc. They have Yvonne fooled that they don't spend the whole day being lazy. Allie bucked the trend and walked right up to where I had been abandoned and plopped down in front of me. She was a completely flat pancake so I thought I would take a couple pics for Julie. Then she started nodding off so I switched over to movie mode. There is always 5 - 10 minutes that Yvonne uses to go in the house, put stuff away, get on the backyard shoes etc. This is that time. The whole video was about double this, so I edited it to match the song in length. Just straight chops, so when the video jumps, you know what happened. This video really showcases how sweet Allie is and how trusting and tame she is (with us). She is a bit of a bulldog with the other ducks, but not nearly as bad as Greta. The song is from the movie that Tevye's name came from.
big_smile.png

This is a pretty slow / boring video, but it is a sweet pancaked duck for @Julie Bird
wink.png

0.jpg

Very nice brooder setup, Tony!

Gonna be 3 of the most spoiled little 'lings ever!!

jumpy.gif
celebrate.gif

Originally Posted by Tevyes Dad

I'm sure hoping so. But as we all know, at about 8 weeks, they will hate us
gig.gif
, I mean
hit.gif
. Then it will only take 1.2 million meal worms before they love us again.
roll.png

Must have fed Allie 1.2 million meal worms by now.
lau.gif

Last edited:
My workday was over at 5:00 and I happened to already be home :D . The 20 - 25 minutes that it takes Yvonne to get home from work is "lay in the backyard with the ducks" time. I took a comforter and flopped down with the ducks who were mostly snoozing in the sun. When Yvonne drove in the driveway, the ducks got up and stretched and started acting ducky walking around, foraging, etc. They have Yvonne fooled that they don't spend the whole day being lazy. Allie bucked the trend and walked right up to where I had been abandoned and plopped down in front of me. She was a completely flat pancake so I thought I would take a couple pics for Julie. Then she started nodding off so I switched over to movie mode. There is always 5 - 10 minutes that Yvonne uses to go in the house, put stuff away, get on the backyard shoes etc. This is that time. The whole video was about double this, so I edited it to match the song in length. Just straight chops, so when the video jumps, you know what happened. This video really showcases how sweet Allie is and how trusting and tame she is (with us). She is a bit of a bulldog with the other ducks, but not nearly as bad as Greta. The song is from the movie that Tevye's name came from. :D This is a pretty slow / boring video, but it is a sweet pancaked duck for @Julie Bird ;) Must have fed Allie 1.2 million meal worms by now. :lau
AWWWWWWWWWWWW ADORABLE SLEEPY BURD!!! I love her, she is an adorable CHUNK!
1f60d.png
:love

My workday was over at 5:00 and I happened to already be home :D . The 20 - 25 minutes that it takes Yvonne to get home from work is "lay in the backyard with the ducks" time. I took a comforter and flopped down with the ducks who were mostly snoozing in the sun. When Yvonne drove in the driveway, the ducks got up and stretched and started acting ducky walking around, foraging, etc. They have Yvonne fooled that they don't spend the whole day being lazy. Allie bucked the trend and walked right up to where I had been abandoned and plopped down in front of me. She was a completely flat pancake so I thought I would take a couple pics for Julie. Then she started nodding off so I switched over to movie mode. There is always 5 - 10 minutes that Yvonne uses to go in the house, put stuff away, get on the backyard shoes etc. This is that time. The whole video was about double this, so I edited it to match the song in length. Just straight chops, so when the video jumps, you know what happened. This video really showcases how sweet Allie is and how trusting and tame she is (with us). She is a bit of a bulldog with the other ducks, but not nearly as bad as Greta. The song is from the movie that Tevye's name came from. :D This is a pretty slow / boring video, but it is a sweet pancaked duck for @Julie Bird ;) Must have fed Allie 1.2 million meal worms by now. :lau
NOT slow and boring. She captivated me. She is an innocent, soft, pancaking relaxer, snugglesy, precious gurl named Allie. She is very trustworthy. Didn't flinch when u took the grass from her billy. I want to hug and kiss her. The sight of a feathered pancake is very EEEEEEEEE HOOPOOSE to me. Thank you Tony for the tag. And..... Greta!!

I know! Up until very recently, they always moved like that. Even when foraging in the garden, they would stay in a tight little group no bigger than 6-8 feet across! Now they spread out a lot more, sometimes even dividing into two groups on opposite sides of our fenced-in yard. Maybe they feel more confident now that there's a drake, or now that's there's six ducks instead of five?
That's interesting. Is it always the same split or different variations of it? I hope they all stay as one cohesive group.

My workday was over at 5:00 and I happened to already be home
big_smile.png
. The 20 - 25 minutes that it takes Yvonne to get home from work is "lay in the backyard with the ducks" time. I took a comforter and flopped down with the ducks who were mostly snoozing in the sun. When Yvonne drove in the driveway, the ducks got up and stretched and started acting ducky walking around, foraging, etc. They have Yvonne fooled that they don't spend the whole day being lazy. Allie bucked the trend and walked right up to where I had been abandoned and plopped down in front of me. She was a completely flat pancake so I thought I would take a couple pics for Julie. Then she started nodding off so I switched over to movie mode. There is always 5 - 10 minutes that Yvonne uses to go in the house, put stuff away, get on the backyard shoes etc. This is that time. The whole video was about double this, so I edited it to match the song in length. Just straight chops, so when the video jumps, you know what happened. This video really showcases how sweet Allie is and how trusting and tame she is (with us). She is a bit of a bulldog with the other ducks, but not nearly as bad as Greta. The song is from the movie that Tevye's name came from.
big_smile.png

This is a pretty slow / boring video, but it is a sweet pancaked duck for @Julie Bird
wink.png

0.jpg

Must have fed Allie 1.2 million meal worms by now.
lau.gif

She's so cute! Fluffy like a cloud
big_smile.png
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom