Duckling Grow-A-Long!

Pics
Finally got around to getting those pictures of their first swim! I got a video of some of them as well!
IMG_5329.JPG
IMG_5319.JPG
IMG_5320.JPG
IMG_5333.JPG
IMG_5327.JPG

They look so tiny there. 😳🤣

Ahhhh I wasn’t able to see my ducklings much yesterday. Just got to snuggle them today and they’re suddenly huge, and markedly more comfortable with me 🥰
Aww. They get big fast!
It seems mine have gotten a bit more skittish, I’ll have to work with them more. I’m glad yours are more comfortable around you!

Hey, Tookie, so nice to see your ducklings swimming! Mine haven't got a chance yet, because it's been rainy and cold. Maybe I will try in the bathtub with warm water.
My ducklings are groing incredibly fast, the barely fit in their current brooder. I need to find solution, maybe some kind of fence in my living room? The problem is that I don't have a lot of space. At least, since they are in my living room and see me everyday, they seem to be less skittish than their parents were.
By the way, I am now using wood shavings in their brooder and it is working relatively ok, but I still have to change it daily.

Attachments

• 20240302_101402.jpg
    20240302_101402.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240302_101410.jpg
    20240302_101410.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240302_100238.jpg
    20240302_100238.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 17
Hey, Tookie, so nice to see your ducklings swimming! Mine haven't got a chance yet, because it's been rainy and cold. Maybe I will try in the bathtub with warm water.
The bath tub works well for me! Do use warmer water.
My ducklings are groing incredibly fast, the barely fit in their current brooder. I need to find solution, maybe some kind of fence in my living room? The problem is that I don't have a lot of space. At least, since they are in my living room and see me everyday, they seem to be less skittish than their parents were.
Mine are growing fast too, and soon will outgrow their brooder. For me, I'm not sure what I'll do when they are too big for the current brooder. I'm just hoping the weather is outside is warm enough so I can put them in their coop, I could have the brooder plate in there too.

How's your weather been?
Something like a fence would work, and may be the best thing to do if you don't have any other larger container.
By the way, I am now using wood shavings in their brooder and it is working relatively ok, but I still have to change it daily.
I saw somewhere where on here it was suggested to just keep adding pine shavings then clean it out every week or so, or something like that.

The bath tub works well for me! Do use warmer water.

Mine are growing fast too, and soon will outgrow their brooder. For me, I'm not sure what I'll do when they are too big for the current brooder. I'm just hoping the weather is outside is warm enough so I can put them in their coop, I could have the brooder plate in there too.

How's your weather been?
Something like a fence would work, and may be the best thing to do if you don't have any other larger container.

I saw somewhere where on here it was suggested to just keep adding pine shavings then clean it out every week or so, or something like that.
Mine outgrew the brooder quick.
They were 3 or weeks when it was around 55 to 65 degrees outside so i put them in the coop with the heating plate

Back
Top Bottom