Duckling Grow-A-Long!

Pics
I'm quite certain the one has splayed legs, I think it got worse since bringing them home. She keeps slipping and can't stand up properly. The other one is completely fine.
Here's a picture, and a video.
View attachment 3765896
Poor little dude. With splayed leg chicks we take a little piece of plastic straw and run a hair tie through it and put it on their legs to fix it.

You could even try this, Tooks!
1709840179319.jpeg

I saw all those ideas! I think I'll do the band aid one, I was already leaning towards doing using a band aid.
Y'all think I should try treating for it or give it some more time?

I'm gonna put some pine shavings in the brooder and see if that helps at all.

I'm quite certain the one has splayed legs, I think it got worse since bringing them home. She keeps slipping and can't stand up properly. The other one is completely fine.
Here's a picture, and a video.
View attachment 3765896
You can use the material on the picture below (sorry, I don't know the name in English, something like anti-slippery stuff) on top of the puppy pad. One off my ducklings was like that and was much better after putting this material.
20240307_204635.jpg

Y'all think I should try treating for it or give it some more time?

I'm gonna put some pine shavings in the brooder and see if that helps at all.
I would treat it. If you wait too long, the duckling will be a goner.

That's good! That should help some.

You can use the material on the picture below (sorry, I don't know the name in English, something like anti-slippery stuff) on top of the puppy pad. One off my ducklings was like that and was much better after putting this material.View attachment 3765959
Great idea! I'm not sure if we have any of that though, I'll have to look.

Back
Top Bottom