Duckling Grow-A-Long!

Pics
Due in part to my outdoor growout setup for mine- they’re using the bottom portion of an unused two story coop- and holy cats getting them back out again is terrible. My sweet ducks do not want to come to me to be easily picked up so forcing them out means being scary and awkwardly crawling in after them on my elbows. So much terrified squawking. My poor body in the muck. I hereby declare they have graduated to outside only effective immediately and can eventually come out of their own choosing to free range 😂😂😂

Might be very stormy tomorrow so I worked on a windblock and three sided cover they’ll probably avoid. They’ll love the mud.

Due in part to my outdoor growout setup for mine- they’re using the bottom portion of an unused two story coop- and holy cats getting them back out again is terrible. My sweet ducks do not want to come to me to be easily picked up so forcing them out means being scary and awkwardly crawling in after them on my elbows. So much terrified squawking. My poor body in the muck. I hereby declare they have graduated to outside only effective immediately and can eventually come out of their own choosing to free range 😂😂😂

Might be very stormy tomorrow so I worked on a windblock and three sided cover they’ll probably avoid. They’ll love the mud.
Haha! Mine can be like that! So yours are outside now?

What's the coldest my older ducklings can handle? (They were 3 weeks old two days ago.)
They're still in the house at night and they were panting last night. But our house does tender to be on the warmer side.
I think its 65- 75 degree.

I know that mine were moved to the basement with heat still at a little over three weeks. But our basement stays at around 65

I think its 65- 75 degree.

I know that mine were moved to the basement with heat still at a little over three weeks. But our basement stays at around 65
Hmm, okay! This is the weather forecast for the next two weeks, some nights it looks a bit cool. I think they'd be fine though?

1710445335343.png

1710445354527.png

Can I join in? Received our ducks from Metzer today! 8x Muscovy, 1x buff, 1x Welsh, 1x appleyard, and 1x Pilgrim goose.

The sleepy duck in the stripey towel had quite an adventure almost straight out the box. The original waterer was made from a milk jug with holes, and this little guy somehow squeezed in and went for a swim. While I was trying to extract him from the jug, he squirted out straight into a food mess in the sink. So the lil guy got a warm bath and towel dry. He's fine now.

I replaced the jug with a dish with some tape over it, I could have made the holes on the jug a bit smaller with some tape but I think the ducks aren't quite big enough for it anyway.

Attachments

• 20240314_090358.jpg
    20240314_090358.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240314_085031.jpg
    20240314_085031.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240314_093441.jpg
    20240314_093441.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240314_084756.jpg
    20240314_084756.jpg