Duckling Grow-A-Long!

Pics
My partner took our daughter to his dad's so I was able to set up the temporary duck run and have some alone time with the crew. Lap ducks!

Also more back/belly/wing feathers are coming in! They're 2.5 weeks, I thought they didn't feather out until at least 4 weeks? Does this mean I kept them too cold or what?
They're too cute! I've forgotten, did you get a Buff?

I haven't shown a picture of the new duck coop and run, so here's one! Its more completed now than that picture, and I haven't gotten a new pic yet. The coop is 4x8' and the run is 12x8'.
IMG_5766.JPG

Yes, Taytay the all-yellow duckling is a buff.
Aw, okay! I've noticed my most friendly duckling is one of my Buffs. Does yours seem to be the most friendly?
Your coop looks great! Ours ought to be done this weekend too. At which point the ducklings will immediately begin to live in it, during the day at minimum.
Thanks! That's awesome! For my ducklings the big ones are out all day and I bring them in at night. The little ones go outside in the day as long as its warm enough.

Aw, okay! I've noticed my most friendly duckling is one of my Buffs. Does yours seem to be the most friendly?

Thanks! That's awesome! For my ducklings the big ones are out all day and I bring them in at night. The little ones go outside in the day as long as its warm enough.
She's definitely the friendliest of the non-muscovies! Miss Appleyard is the most skittish and Cheerio the Welshie is somewhere inbetween.

I'd say the muscovies are more chill though. Or at least more tolerant of being handled.

For some reason Taylor the buff is the biggest so far. Bigger than the muscovies. Maybe they'll even out later.

Of course Lucy goose is the biggest of all!

All duckies are doing well! Yesterday the big ones turned 6 weeks old, and the little ones 4 weeks. :wee
The big ones are just about feathered in, so once the Black Jack #57 I put on the coop floor yesterday and today cures, they'll go out!
All of them are outside in the day and inside at night.

Oh, and aren't the big ones just about ready to be voice sexed?
Haven't heard any attempted quacks from the little ones yet.

I still have the big and little ones separated and I do supervised times with them all together. The big ones are being a bit mean.

Back
Top Bottom