Duckling Grow-A-Long!

I'm fairly certain I've got all girls, at least with the big ones. I'm not hearing any drake type noise like I've seen in videos I've watched.
Both little Welshies are quacking now, one more than the other. The one who quacks more sounds like how the big ones quacked. When I've heard the other little Welshie quack it sounds like the other little one.
If I have all girls I'll be thrilled!

I'm fairly certain I've got all girls, at least with the big ones. I'm not hearing any drake type noise like I've seen in videos I've watched.
Both little Welshies are quacking now, one more than the other. The one who quacks more sounds like how the big ones quacked. When I've heard the other little Welshie quack it sounds like the other little one.
If I have all girls I'll be thrilled!
Oh, that's great! I'm pretty sure now that I have 3 females and 3 males. Mine are supposed to be khaki campbells, but I am seeing that the 2 brown girls have face stripes that are still there and the white girl has a black spot on her head (her name is "spot", haha). So they are surely mixed with something. I hope they still lay a lot of eggs, I love duck eggs because they are great for baking cakes. The only one that looks like a "true" khaki cambell is a male.
By the way, the female that was clumsier is now doing better, she doesn't step on her feet as often and runs faster. So maybe the niacin is helping.

Oh, that's great! I'm pretty sure now that I have 3 females and 3 males.
What will you do with the males?
Mine are supposed to be khaki campbells, but I am seeing that the 2 brown girls have face stripes that are still there and the white girl has a black spot on her head (her name is "spot", haha). So they are surely mixed with something. I hope they still lay a lot of eggs, I love duck eggs because they are great for baking cakes. The only one that looks like a "true" khaki cambell is a male.
Well, mixed isn't the worst thing I suppose, haha! They're still pretty and cute little duckies.
I'm sure they'll still lay well!
I've always heard duck eggs are better for baking, so it'll be great when mine start laying and I can use them.
By the way, the female that was clumsier is now doing better, she doesn't step on her feet as often and runs faster. So maybe the niacin is helping.
That's great! Keep us updated!

Here's how the coop looks now!
IMG_6207.JPG

New duckie pics from today!
IMG_6213.JPG
IMG_6214.JPG
IMG_6216.JPG

What will you do with the males?

Well, mixed isn't the worst thing I suppose, haha! They're still pretty and cute little duckies.
I'm sure they'll still lay well!
I've always heard duck eggs are better for baking, so it'll be great when mine start laying and I can use them.

That's great! Keep us updated!
I will keep one male and find homes for the two others or I will see if I can build a smaller coop + run for them. I think I still have a couple of months to decide and see how things go

Their mothers (two ducks: one white, one khaki) seemed like "true" campbells and were good layers, I think the father was the one mixed, he had a very green head. So I hope the daughters are good layers, too! In any case, I just love them as they are.

Back
Top Bottom