Ducks injured by raccoon

:hugs

I'm sorry. Such a terrible thing to have happen! Don't give up on the injured one, they can be quite resilient. Clean the wounds well with a mild saline solution, and use either some antibiotic ointment or Honey Silver. Yarrow is wonderful to help stop bleeding and promote quick healing and it grows practically everywhere.

Give her some electrolytes or rooster-booster or even sugar water to help with shock. And you should have a nice cup of chamomile with a bit of honey for your own shock.

Again, big :hugs! Please let us know how she's doing, and how YOU are doing!

:hugs

I'm sorry. Such a terrible thing to have happen! Don't give up on the injured one, they can be quite resilient. Clean the wounds well with a mild saline solution, and use either some antibiotic ointment or Honey Silver. Yarrow is wonderful to help stop bleeding and promote quick healing and it grows practically everywhere.

Give her some electrolytes or rooster-booster or even sugar water to help with shock. And you should have a nice cup of chamomile with a bit of honey for your own shock.

Again, big :hugs! Please let us know how she's doing, and how YOU are doing!
Thank you so much. I cleaned the wounds and applied antibiotic ointment. She is in a big tupperware container with some water and Electrolytes. She drank a little it but doesn't want to move her head much.

My duck is still alive. She's drinking but not eating. I've been giving her aspirin dissolved in water and am about to try using a syringe to put some food and electrolytes in her water. I went out and got a bunch of wound care products that are duck safe. Fingers crossed that she recovers.

I bought these ducks from Metzer's, and purchased insurance on them. If this duck doesn't survive I will get replacement ducklings. I have learned a lesson from this experience and will be renovating their enclosure and duck house, as well as not allowing them to roam unsupervised.

Back
Top Bottom