Ducks injured by raccoon

First time I tube fed I was a nervous wreck but after that confidence builds and it works fine. Keep us updated you’re doing great caring for her. Love hearing doing good!

I got my feeding syringe and tube in the mail today and after 3 botched attempts, I finally fed her 30ml of feed mixed with water, electrolytes, probiotics, and some aspirin. She was very offended. But like, I could see her crop expand with the food. I felt like I finally did something good and correctly.

Thank you guys for the encouragement. I was/am still devastated about this.

That's awesome, Just be careful and not give her too much that she aspirates on it, meaning it comes back up. Practice makes perfect as the old saying goes.

How is she doing?

That's awesome, Just be careful and not give her too much that she aspirates on it, meaning it comes back up. Practice makes perfect as the old saying goes.

How is she doing?
I will do my best not to let that happen. I went really slowly and checked down her throat a few times. Thank you again.

She's about the same. She drinks water but has shown no interest in food. When I let her swim in the tub she acts pretty normal and preens herself as best she can afterwards.

I will do my best not to let that happen. I went really slowly and checked down her throat a few times. Thank you again.

She's about the same. She drinks water but has shown no interest in food. When I let her swim in the tub she acts pretty normal and preens herself as best she can afterwards.
Hopefully, now that you've got food into her, she'll start to improve.

Keep us updated!

I agree it did wonders for my Runner once I started tube-feeding her. It took 5 days of tube feeding before she started eating on her own so don't get discouraged if she doesn't start to eat right away. Hopefully, it won't take 5 days for your duck.

She's hungry today! After only 3 tube feedings she is finally interested in her pellets! She is still holding her neck a little weird, but she is eating a lot. I'm so relieved. Thank you guys, again and again. You helped me save my duck. Thank you so much.

Back
Top Bottom