Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Pics

bigmrg74

Crowing
9 Years
Jan 28, 2014
Clinton Michigan
Where I work with a lot of different people when I really don't want to offend them them, it was useful hearing some of these stories so that I would be ready for when I would be chatting away with a client and that subject would come up. So, I want to start a new thread, just to keep that spirit of sharing and knowledge around.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...eople-have-said-about-your-chickens-eggs-meat

So, with that in mind, I submit this thread, and remind you all to be on your best behavior, and to remember, that somehow and someway, you too probably did something pretty darn stupid and were probably mocked for it. Remember that this is supposed to be a silly thread to let everybody blow off steam for whenever somebody has to deal with somebody who thinks eggs only come from the carton at the store.
wink.png

Edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
They said its cool as long as we follow the rules.

Anyways, so I've been dating a girl for over a month now and 2 weeks ago I gave her a dozen eggs from my girls. Anyways, she says that her father wouldn't touch those eggs. He doesn't even want to have them in something baked at home. I told her she should whip up a batch of his favorite cookies, let him know full well that my girls eggs are in it, and see how long his resolves last. I believe his deal is because the eggs weren't inspected and came from a farm I guess.

However, what really got me was the fact that her mother this week threw out the last 6 eggs she had from me. She thought they was going to go bad in the fridge because they've been there a week. Odds are they were still fresher than the store bought eggs they bought at the store that day.
ep.gif
barnie.gif
th.gif

They said its cool as long as we follow the rules.  

Anyways, so I've been dating a girl for over a month now and 2 weeks ago I gave her a dozen eggs from my girls.  Anyways, she says that her father wouldn't touch those eggs.  He doesn't even want to have them in something baked at home.  I told her she should whip up a batch of his favorite cookies, let him know full well that my girls eggs are in it, and see how long his resolves last.  I believe his deal is because the eggs weren't inspected and came from a farm I guess.  

However, what really got me was the fact that her mother this week threw out the last 6 eggs she had from me.  She thought they was going to go bad in the fridge because they've been there a week.   Odds are they were still fresher than the store bought eggs they bought at the store that day.  :eek: :barnie :th  

Oh, you KNOW they are. I just wish natural selection worked a little quicker. Wasting good backyard eggs, indeed. Sacrebleu! People must think they grow on trees!

Last edited:
Sent an email earlier to some city friends, showing a funny pic of a chicken in a diaper:

Image from http://19sunset.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/chicken-diaper-1.jpg.

Got this response back from my BIL, who's a fairly intelligent guy:

" Also rooster prophylactics...I swear, Corporate America does this to induce 'egg shortages', hence raising the price of eggs, chicken products, etc."

It's an EGGspiracy!

Last edited:
Sent an email earlier to some city friends, showing a funny pic of a chicken in a diaper:

Image from http://19sunset.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/chicken-diaper-1.jpg.

Got this response back from my BIL, who's a fairly intelligent guy:

" Also rooster prophylactics...I swear, Corporate America does this to induce 'egg shortages', hence raising the price of eggs, chicken products, etc."

It's an EGGspiracy!
This one actually made me laugh out Loud!

Wouldn't it be easier/cheaper just not to have roos at all? I mean, who does the honors of, erm, *dressing* the little guys?

I see you're new here, Kim. Welcome!! Stick around for awhile ... You won't believe some of the stuff people come up with. In fact cruise the original thread, and get a real education.

Last edited:
My friend's father in law won't eat the eggs I send home with him. He says the green ones look rotten. My friend's wife won't eat them either. Not sure if it was the fact that worms and bugs are in my eggs because they eat them or the "football" (egg completely smeared in mud and poo found in the coop floor) she saw once when I was collecting. He doesn't mind, they've become his breakfast staple.

I took a pic of my rotten eggs the other day. Disgusting, right?

My friend's father in law won't eat the eggs I send home with him. He says the green ones look rotten. My friend's wife won't eat them either. Not sure if it was the fact that worms and bugs are in my eggs because they eat them or the "football" (egg completely smeared in mud and poo found in the coop floor) she saw once when I was collecting. He doesn't mind, they've become his breakfast staple. I took a pic of my rotten eggs the other day. Disgusting, right?
Ewwwwwww! How positively vile. Because I'm discomfited knowing that you are being violated while exposed to such filth, send them my way so that I may relieve you of the distasteful task of having to dispose of them. Compassionately Yours, 7. (Who just finished cleaning leaves and poop off of Eggatha's butt ... Poor baby)

Back
Top Bottom