Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Pics

bigmrg74

Crowing
9 Years
Jan 28, 2014
Clinton Michigan
Where I work with a lot of different people when I really don't want to offend them them, it was useful hearing some of these stories so that I would be ready for when I would be chatting away with a client and that subject would come up. So, I want to start a new thread, just to keep that spirit of sharing and knowledge around.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...eople-have-said-about-your-chickens-eggs-meat

So, with that in mind, I submit this thread, and remind you all to be on your best behavior, and to remember, that somehow and someway, you too probably did something pretty darn stupid and were probably mocked for it. Remember that this is supposed to be a silly thread to let everybody blow off steam for whenever somebody has to deal with somebody who thinks eggs only come from the carton at the store.
wink.png

Edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend's father in law won't eat the eggs I send home with him. He says the green ones look rotten. My friend's wife won't eat them either. Not sure if it was the fact that worms and bugs are in my eggs because they eat them or the "football" (egg completely smeared in mud and poo found in the coop floor) she saw once when I was collecting. He doesn't mind, they've become his breakfast staple.

I took a pic of my rotten eggs the other day. Disgusting, right?

They said its cool as long as we follow the rules.

Anyways, so I've been dating a girl for over a month now and 2 weeks ago I gave her a dozen eggs from my girls. Anyways, she says that her father wouldn't touch those eggs. He doesn't even want to have them in something baked at home. I told her she should whip up a batch of his favorite cookies, let him know full well that my girls eggs are in it, and see how long his resolves last. I believe his deal is because the eggs weren't inspected and came from a farm I guess.

However, what really got me was the fact that her mother this week threw out the last 6 eggs she had from me. She thought they was going to go bad in the fridge because they've been there a week. Odds are they were still fresher than the store bought eggs they bought at the store that day.
ep.gif
barnie.gif
th.gif

Ok, so I had to buy eggs last week. As I was digging through the pile to check the julian dates, the dairy man/boy came out to see if he could help me find something, as obviously I was nuts.

I explained about the dating system on egg cartons, which got into how old eggs in the case are really, why they are kept in the cold, and how they co.e in more colours than white and brown. By the time I was done, i had a captivated audience of three, all googling colored eggs and local fresh egg producers.

One lady thought brown eggs meant they were all natural and organic. One lady refused to eat anything but the cleaned eggs, which are brown eggs that were bleached to show they are clean.

I told them eggs are like a car. They come in all sizes and colours, but underneath, they are all still cars.

I explained bloom, and storage, and fertile and non fertile and how you can hold fertile eggs and then start the incubation process.

45 minutes later i HAD to get going.... lol but they were all so interested!

I brought in a dozen eggs for a coworker who is trying to up his natural protein intake (what easier way than eggs?). When he looked at them I could tell he was instantly skeptical. "Um.... are they supposed to be brown? Are the green ones from the rooster? Why are those white ones so dirty?" (the white ones are from our Cayuga and for some reason she lays the biggest off white eggs I've ever seen).

After a week of him forgetting to take them home I pulled them out of the refrigerator here and took them to the house to be eaten. When I told him this his response was "You ate them? They were like a week old man, hope you don't get salmonella or something."

Did you tell him that they were a month fresher than his eggs at home?
he.gif

People are so far removed from reality.

I brought in a dozen eggs for a coworker who is trying to up his natural protein intake (what easier way than eggs?). When he looked at them I could tell he was instantly skeptical. "Um.... are they supposed to be brown? Are the green ones from the rooster? Why are those white ones so dirty?" (the white ones are from our Cayuga and for some reason she lays the biggest off white eggs I've ever seen).

After a week of him forgetting to take them home I pulled them out of the refrigerator here and took them to the house to be eaten. When I told him this his response was "You ate them? They were like a week old man, hope you don't get salmonella or something."

Ok, so I had to buy eggs last week. As I was digging through the pile to check the julian dates, the dairy man/boy came out to see if he could help me find something, as obviously I was nuts.

I explained about the dating system on egg cartons, which got into how old eggs in the case are really, why they are kept in the cold, and how they co.e in more colours than white and brown. By the time I was done, i had a captivated audience of three, all googling colored eggs and local fresh egg producers.

One lady thought brown eggs meant they were all natural and organic. One lady refused to eat anything but the cleaned eggs, which are brown eggs that were bleached to show they are clean.

I told them eggs are like a car. They come in all sizes and colours, but underneath, they are all still cars.

I explained bloom, and storage, and fertile and non fertile and how you can hold fertile eggs and then start the incubation process.

45 minutes later i HAD to get going.... lol but they were all so interested!

You do realize that each and every one of them went home to tell the family about the crazy egg person at the local store don't you?
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom