Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Sounds like somebody who is short on ears and long on mouth.

He doesn't deserve the eggs anyway, they might teach him to be a man
lau.gif

thumbsup.gif

Ok, so I had to buy eggs last week. As I was digging through the pile to check the julian dates, the dairy man/boy came out to see if he could help me find something, as obviously I was nuts.

I explained about the dating system on egg cartons, which got into how old eggs in the case are really, why they are kept in the cold, and how they co.e in more colours than white and brown. By the time I was done, i had a captivated audience of three, all googling colored eggs and local fresh egg producers.

One lady thought brown eggs meant they were all natural and organic. One lady refused to eat anything but the cleaned eggs, which are brown eggs that were bleached to show they are clean.

I told them eggs are like a car. They come in all sizes and colours, but underneath, they are all still cars.

I explained bloom, and storage, and fertile and non fertile and how you can hold fertile eggs and then start the incubation process.

45 minutes later i HAD to get going.... lol but they were all so interested!

Ok, so I had to buy eggs last week. As I was digging through the pile to check the julian dates, the dairy man/boy came out to see if he could help me find something, as obviously I was nuts.

I explained about the dating system on egg cartons, which got into how old eggs in the case are really, why they are kept in the cold, and how they co.e in more colours than white and brown. By the time I was done, i had a captivated audience of three, all googling colored eggs and local fresh egg producers.

One lady thought brown eggs meant they were all natural and organic. One lady refused to eat anything but the cleaned eggs, which are brown eggs that were bleached to show they are clean.

I told them eggs are like a car. They come in all sizes and colours, but underneath, they are all still cars.

I explained bloom, and storage, and fertile and non fertile and how you can hold fertile eggs and then start the incubation process.

45 minutes later i HAD to get going.... lol but they were all so interested!

You do realize that each and every one of them went home to tell the family about the crazy egg person at the local store don't you?
lau.gif

Quote from a FB response to a very lovely display of eggs someone posted on my page."Them are the best and green eggs are lower in Colesterole then the other regs and farm fresh are the best"
You can thank Martha Stewart for helping that myth. LOL!! It stems from her saying that about her Aracauna eggs and of course, that spilled over to Ameracauna eggs, then to Easter Eggers. When I tell folks at work that the only thing that makes an egg healthier is the diet of the chicken, not the breed itself or the color of the eggs they can't believe it.

You can thank Martha Stewart for helping that myth. LOL!! It stems from her saying that about her Aracauna eggs and of course, that spilled over to Ameracauna eggs, then to Easter Eggers. When I tell folks at work that the only thing that makes an egg healthier is the diet of the chicken, not the breed itself or the color of the eggs they can't believe it.

But hey, "it's a good thing"
big_smile.png

I had a woman tell me that Serama eggs had twice the protein as a regular egg
hmm.png
If that were true then there would be bodybuilders walking around with Serama hens on their shoulders like parrots

Back
Top Bottom