Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why people should opt for grass fed/grass finished with no hormones, antibiotics or vaccines. Every cell in your body needs good, healthy animal fats to thrive! Grain-finished cattle wipe out all the health benefits of 'grass-fed'.

That lady doesn't sound like she deserves any of your lovely eggs! its so strange the things people say isn't it? they have no clue, nor do they want to have a clue about where their store bought eggs come from or how they are produced. Myself, I'll take a home reared chicken egg any day, they are superb! Good luck with your chickens!

I posted a pic of my 5 new chicks on my FB a couple days ago and had a friend message me asking me about what does it take to incubate chicks, Can I use the eggs from the grocery store? or do you need fresh eggs? LOL I didnt have the heart to be mean so I told him he would be much better off starting with Fertile eggs i.e. need a rooster and hens.

That's why people should opt for grass fed/grass finished with no hormones, antibiotics or vaccines. Every cell in your body needs good, healthy animal fats to thrive! Grain-finished cattle wipe out all the health benefits of 'grass-fed'.

What is your objection to vaccines? Personally, I think it is much better to prevent an illness than try to treat it.

Because vaccines are filled with all kinds of nasty stuff from GMOs to mercury and formaldehyde. No Thanks!

I sure wouldn't be selling any beef to you, that's for sure. Having to send a 500 pound steer off to the rendering plant because he contracted something that could have been prevented by a simple vaccination is not economically feasible. Plus, in my view, it is irresponsible. Contagious diseases can wipe out a whole herd and while good management can prevent some of them it won't help if the pathogen is airborne or carried by insects, birds or other wildlife. I used to have a neighbor who felt the same way about vaccines as you do, only in regard to her children. She refused to have her children vaccinated because, according to her, vaccines were nasty and dangerous. She now visits her youngest daughter every Sunday at the cemetary. This beautiful little girl died of measles.

Because vaccines are filled with all kinds of nasty stuff from GMOs to mercury and formaldehyde. No Thanks!

Sounds like a good business opportunity, creating vaccines that are animal and people friendly. I totally understand your feelings on this, but at the same time recognize the need for vaccinations. Too many people have screwed around with our food supply and its scary.

my only problem with vaccinations is that every single animal that can catch the disease the vaccine is dealing with that you own has to be vaccinated. If unvaccinated birds are mixed with vaccinated ones the vaccinated birds will give the unvaccinated birds the disease because they will be carriers. Also if you breed from vaccinated birds all future generations will have to be vaccinated because the parents will not pass on any disease resistance.

I know he was talking about beef, but noticed on a thread people building marek's resistant flocks. I should read more into that. But if I read it right it means exposing your flock to mareks then breeding survivors, but I would be sick at the toll that would take.I put alot of work into my birds and I would hate to lose any.

my only problem with vaccinations is that every single animal that can catch the disease the vaccine is dealing with that you own has to be vaccinated. If unvaccinated birds are mixed with vaccinated ones the vaccinated birds will give the unvaccinated birds the disease because they will be carriers. Also if you breed from vaccinated birds all future generations will have to be vaccinated because the parents will not pass on any disease resistance.

I wasn't referring to poultry in my post. I don't bother to vaccinate my chickens but if I showed or had valuable breeding stock I might. Vaccinated animals should not become carriers, but animals that have contracted and then recovered from a disease can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom