Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
People these days! if the eggs were moldy they would have a sickly smell or at least be a bit like patches of green fuzzy mold not a PERFECT GREEN OR BLUE SHINY SHELL!

Im a little brain dead now....a lady who bought five dozen eggs two days ago just drove up in my driveway, FURIOUS.

She almost THROWS cartons of eggs at me and demands I look at them.

So I do. Low and behold....exactly what I put in the carton. :hmm

So I asked what the issue was, making her even MORE angry with me.

Her: YOU said these were FRESH eggs!
Me: They are....three dozen were collected less than an hour before you picked them up and the other two dozen were from the day before....
Her: LIAR! LOOK AT THOSE BLUE EGGS!

So I pick one up, looking for a hairline crack I might have missed or some blemishand find nothing. so I look at the next few scattered throughout the cartons and same deal.

Me: What's wrong with the blue ones?
Her: YOU FROZE THOSE EGGS AND SOLD THEM AS "FRESH". YOU LIAR.

I explained egg color to her and told her I have a duck that lays a charcoal gray egg as well. Not pleased, she continued throwing a fit. I finally told her she could take the eggs or leave them, but I do not offer refunds unless there is something wrong with the egg. No crack, no refund.

I think I may have lost a customer. O.O

Excuse me a moment while I pick my jaw up off the floor.

Hey, what do you have that lays a charcoal gray egg? Want. ETA: Just reread, and realized you said you had a DUCK that laid eggs that color. And there I was getting all excited thinking there was a chicken breed I'd somehow overlooked...

Last edited:
Excuse me a moment while I pick my jaw up off the floor.

Hey, what do you have that lays a charcoal gray egg? Want. ETA: Just reread, and realized you said you had a DUCK that laid eggs that color. And there I was getting all excited thinking there was a chicken breed I'd somehow overlooked...
Some olive egg laying crosses will lay a gray egg. Since it is not a breed, you have to hope you get one that lays the color you want.

Im a little brain dead now....a lady who bought five dozen eggs two days ago just drove up in my driveway, FURIOUS.

Her:  YOU said these were FRESH eggs!
Me: They are....three dozen were collected less than an hour before you picked them up and the other two dozen were from the day before....

So I pick one up, looking for a hairline crack I might have missed or some blemishand find nothing. so I look at the next few scattered throughout the cartons and same deal.

I explained egg color to her and told her I have a duck that lays a charcoal gray egg as well. Not pleased, she continued throwing a fit. I finally told her she could take the eggs or leave them, but I do not offer refunds unless there is something wrong with the egg. No crack, no refund.

Roflmbo, omg hilarious! People are so special!

Her: YOU said these were FRESH eggs!

Wow! I'd say you got off easy on that one. run from those type of people and don't look back!

I think my biggest pet peeve in this department is "meat-is-murder" vegetarians who eat eggs and dairy products but think it's barbaric to slaughter animals and eat their flesh. I have no problem with vegetarianism if you think that's a healthier diet, but don't come at me with the ridiculous idea that eating meat is unethical, if you routinely eat eggs and cheese.

People whose only familiarity with food products comes from the grocery store shelf have no idea of the simple math that drives milk and egg production. Every vegetarian I've ever talked to thinks that cows are like magical milk factories--they have no idea that to keep a cow producing milk (unless you jack them up on hormones) they have to give birth to a calf every year. And half of those calves will be bullocks.

Same thing with chickens. To get more chickens, you have to hatch eggs--and half of those will be cockerels.

Those bullocks and cockerels have to be disposed of somehow. And news flash: they don't retire to the country so they can roam free.

/soapbox

Ahh, you should have talked to vegans instead. They don't use any animal products, no eggs, dairy, honey, etc.

Vegetarians- well it depends on what kind of vegetarian. Some do dairy,no eggs. Some do eggs, no dairy. Some are OK with both eggs and dairy but no flesh. Some do fish, most don't (fish- cold blooded).

It's very confusing if you try to lump all the non-meat eaters together. It made trying to order pizzas for working lunches almost impossible!

I agree some ppl arent happy unless they can complain and some do do it to get free or price knocked down.I've had more than one person who offered say $4 for a rare chick everyone sells for $7 or more.I'm not that desperate.I do watch the going rate however and sometimes go lower but nothing ridiculous.

I'm glad you didn't sell the chick to them. Trying to undercut the price on a rare chick tells me they probably can't be trusted to take proper care of it; the best food and good care don't come at the discount prices they'd want to pay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom