Easter Egger Contest!!

Do you have an Easter egger/

• Yes

Votes: 114 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 8.8%

• Total voters
Just for fun, here are a few pictures of my favorite EE cockerel, Duckfeet. ^^^ Left = Duckfeet at 3 weeks. I suspected he was a boy, but not sure at the time. ^^^ Duckfeet again at seven weeks. WOW he grew fast!!! At this point I was 80% sure he was a boy ^^^^ Today - he was photo bombed by his half brother, Goldenwing LOL ^^^^ Today, 11 weeks
What is his mix? Or what color were his parents?

What is his mix? Or what color were his parents?

I got this cockerel from my friend. She said his dad is a pure blue-wheaten Ameraucana and his mom is a white Cornish cross.... the dominant white gene causes all the black (which was actually diluted to gray in this case) to be covered up and the Wheaten (rusty red) bled threw in patches.

I plan on trying to re-create this look with a pure wheaten Ameraucana and a pure white leghorn next Spring. My Leghorns aren't big enough yet. Also, since leghorns lay white eggs, crossing them with the Ameraucana will guarantee that the offspring will be light blue layers. I love playing with genetics. :)

The cockerel in this picture is what Duck Feet most likely would have looked like if he did not have the 'dominant white' gene. Red has the same father as Duck Feet, but a different mother and does not have the 'dominant white' gene like Duck Feet does.

Last edited:
I don't have any birds that I would consider outstandingly gorgeous, and all I know of their genealogy is they are EEs. but here is what I have so far, all are 17 weeks old.

Braveheart - so named because she is almost always the first to try anything 'new'.In fact when I was at the feed store selecting the chicks she ran right up to my hand and jumped into it.

Chaz. so named because all the chicks were supposed to be pullets. 'She' changed her mind!

Muffin (or Muffy) Need I say why?

Robin, because of her red breast.

This was Pepper, she died mysteriously last week, I'm thinking of heat stroke, because there was no sign of struggle, she just layed down and expired.

I have three more EEs coming from chickensforbackyards.com/ (and a Cuckoo Marans); they should be arriving sometime next week.

these are sooo pretty
th.gif

Name: Butterscotch. Almost 4 months. Pullet.

Name: Whitey Bulger, almost 4 months, pullethttps://www.backyardchickens.com/content/typ

e/61/id/7580987/width/350/height/700

Both are rumples!

image.jpg

This chicken is "3 or 4" months old, I got her at the feed store last week because she was the prettiest colored chicken I've seen! No name yet...

image.jpg

(This photo's edited for lighting because there was a shadow on her)

Back
Top Bottom