Easter egger egg color

We have two cream legbars, and they lay a slightly tinted teal/aqua colored egg, it is so pretty! My Ameraucana lays a pale blue. The only speckled egg I get is from my FBCM, believe it or not! And my darkest brown egg comes from my Blue Cuckoo Marans. I have an Olive Egger, and an Easter Egger, and they both lay a light olive green. We also have Whiting True Blues and Whiting True Greens, and the blues lay a nice blue like the other poster above showed. The WTG lay an olive green egg.

Can you find somewhere where you can order a few varieties to add? McMurray has “Americanas”, Cream Legbars, and WTB/WTG, but they are probably sold out this year. Mt Healthy is still taking orders, they have Cream Legbars and “Americanas”, and a variety of colors of Marans. Both of those hatcheries allow you to buy one of each breed if you just want to test them out!
I will call around. These Easter eggers I have available are from Privett. I don’t want to order 15, so am subject to what the feed stores around me are getting in. I want some welsummers as well. It sounds like the eggers lay similar colors

I have a Frizzled Easter Egger that lays a large white egg. She's all white, with white legs, very frizzled, and has a large comb. I also have 2 Fibro Easter Eggers that are all black, skin, feathers, eyes, legs, and comb. And they lay a green egg. I have a Blue (BBS) Ameraucana that lays a blue egg. And a Cream Legbar that lays a bluish green egg.
What’s a BBS ameraucana? The fibro egger sounds gorgeous

BBS Ameraucana have Blue, Black, and Splash color genes in there DNA. I have a matching Blue (BBS) Ameraucana cockerel. By mating my pullet and cockerel, 50% of the offspring will be Blue (BBS) Ameraucana. 25% of the offspring will be Black (BBS) Ameraucana. And 25% of the offspring will be Splash (BBS) Ameraucana. You can breed different combinations for different percentages in color. I really like the blue coloring. But also want options.

Here are what my eggs look like. I stamp each egg with an egg safe ink with the date it was laid. That way everyone knows just how fresh their eggs really are.

Attachments

• 20230316_214831.jpg
    20230316_214831.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230226_145612.jpg
    20230226_145612.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230211_155850.jpg
    20230211_155850.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 18
Thank you so much for the picture l! That’s my dream of an egg box. Are the speckled welsummers? I am also interested in cream legbars. I am debating on putting my resources toward Easter eggers or finding another breed. I love the welsummer eggs and marans (for the dark eggs). As for the color eggs, I have some available Easter eggers and am inclined to default toward convenience but.. debating..
French black copper marans and a welsummer are the speckled eggs in that photo. I'm a sucker for pretty egg colors too. That's usually my problem with chicken math. This year I said I was limited to 4 chicks. So far I got a black copper marans, a blue copper marans, two olive eggers and a leghorn, Broody Hen is sitting on a green egg that I liked from my neighbor, fertilized by an EE rooster, and since Broody only ended up with one viable egg, I'm considering trying to get her a salmon favorelle day old chick to go with it. (Depends on the timing and whether my feed store has them young enough at the right time. Her lonely chick is due Friday or Saturday.)

I’ve read so many different things on Easter egger egg colors- I’m wanting to diversify my egg basket and have variation of blues, greens, tans. Will the Easter eggers lay blues? I have olive eggers, orpingtons, and RIR. Will Easter eggers add a nice touch of blues or overload me with green eggs?
My crested cream legbars and almost all the CCL eggs I see are a bluish green. Got beautiful blue eggs from my Ameraucanas, EE's and even the pullets from a California grey bred to an Ameraucana rooster.

When the EEs lay is it the same color per bird or does 1 bird lay a variety of colors? My EEs just started laying and they all are laying green eggs that have a bluish tint. That's it. I wanted more colorful but I only have 3 of the hens.

Back
Top Bottom