Feedback on Learning Center "Treats Chart"

I found this article very helpful. It was posted the day after I got 6 chickens after not having them for a while. It was a great reminder, and there were some things on there that I did not know. Great way to help me give my chickens the right kind of treats!

Question regarding items to avoid - are you specifically referring to the plant and not the "fruit"? Meaning tomatoes are ok, but the plant itself is not? I am also asking about onions (alliums) and brassicas. Also confused about clovers - we're considering a chicken tractor to move about the yard, but the grass does have clover. Is that unsafe? Thanks!!

This is a very helpful post! Thanks!! I have it bookmarked.
big_smile.png

I'm also curious about the clover. We do have a lot of clover around our place and if the chickens decide they want to explore, I don't want them to get sick.
hmm.png

I was wondering how much to give 3 week old chickens oatmeal? I made a batch of old fashioned oates mixed with a hard boild egg. I went to feed it to them but could not get a Small chunk ( its clumped together ) to feed them. I was afraid of them choking :( I know this may sound silly, but I am such a NOOBY!!
hmm.png

thanks just double checking My daughter runs a cafe and has lots of compost items one being potato peels

I wish to feed my hens potato peels should I run thru the microwave first? why so many differing opinions on what scraps hens can eat/ or not eat ? is very confusingt

Back
Top Bottom