Feedback on Learning Center "Treats Chart"

Pics
Hi. I am new to chickens. I was wondering at what age can I start giving my chicks treats? They are 2 weeks old now. Thanks!

I cook rice for my chicks, (they LOVE it), but to increase nutrition, as soon as it comes out of the microwave, I add some eggs to it. I cook 4 cups of rice (finished) at a time (also feed it to my dogs at dinner) and I add about 3 to 4 eggs to it. I mix it WELL. The heat from the rice cooks the egg while I stir it.

I know you shouldn't give chickens potato peel but what I cannot find the answer to is why. What is in a peel that is deathly to chickens? My children and I are really wanting to know. Thank you so much

Selkirk,
When part of the potato have been exposed to light, that part of the skin will turn green. The green is just chlorophyll, but it warns of a toxic chemical present in the potato called Solanine which can cause all kinds of nasty problems in large enough quantities. As a human, you probably aren't going to ingest enough to notice, but it's different for our little, feathered friends.

And welcome to BYC!

My Feathered family Loves nightcrawlers. I mean loved. The older hens slurped them down in one gulp. The four week old babies fought with each other to get it. One would take off running and the other three chased her all over the pen to try to get it away. I never laughed so hard in my life. Poor poor worm....

Gr8 treats chart thanku Buff. ..... its a bookmark in my phone and sceeensaver cos its identicle to my bird Daisy on the picture but most importantly.its a wonderful guide for dummies like me thanks again :)

hello everyone, can someone help me mix the following,
1. maize
2. sorghum
3. beans
4. sunflower

Also if I can have a feed calculator or rather protein calculator it wuld be great

Hi
New chick owner here and I tried to search but wasn't very helpful. I have a flock of existing birds and they are in a pen and enclosed run but the area they run in has loads of worms I use that area to clean out their coop and mix in their poo with the dirt and have found that they go gaga over any worms I uncover. Is it ok for them to eat worms that I uncover like earthworms and other little red worms.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom