French frogs

The 2 chocolates look a little different from each other, but still gorgeous I think. I think I'll know more after I research a little. The lav is nice, feathering is a little frayed, but her shape is good, and I think she will be very pretty full grown. The black has a beautiful green sheen. Much nicer birds than I expected, so the plan is changing from making them Moonshines' girls. I think I'll keep the chocs at home and maybe try to find a male or get some eggs to hatch. And take the lav and black to put my my lavs at camp.

The 2 chocolates look a little different from each other, but still gorgeous I think. I think I'll know more after I research a little. The lav is nice, feathering is a little frayed, but her shape is good, and I think she will be very pretty full grown. The black has a beautiful green sheen. Much nicer birds than I expected, so the plan is changing from making them Moonshines' girls. I think I'll keep the chocs at home and maybe try to find a male or get some eggs to hatch. And take the lav and black to put my my lavs at camp.

I think your 1 choc might be slightly younger than the others? Might be why she looks a bit different... pretty birds... :love

Sweet !!! What's the difference between bantam and dwarfs?

So they can get wet? I realized they would be in the water soon, but wasn't sure how quickly. I will need to look for brewers yeast.

Black oil sunflower seeds are high in niacin, that's what we used.

They can eat seeds already?

So they can get wet? I realized they would be in the water soon, but wasn't sure how quickly. I will need to look for brewers yeast.

You want the hole to be big enough for their heads to fit, but not their whole bodies... yes, they can get wet right away, just have to watch for waterlogging and sinking when bathing and keep them warm... be careful of them catching a chill... toweling them off and a hair dryer on low helps tons...

Brewers yeast or can be called nutritional yeast... Amazon might be your best bet if you can't find it close to you... but a lot of vitamin stores carry it...

Oh, and put their water containers in pie tins or shallow baking dishes filled with clean rocks/marbles/glass blobs... they will be very messy, but that will catch a lot of the water and keep them from spreading it around as much...

Pie tin with rocks, so no rocks in waterer.

This good?

I think your 1 choc might be slightly younger than the others? Might be why she looks a bit different... pretty birds... :love

That's what I was thinking because her comb is still light, but I think its supposed to be :/ and surprisingly, she is the broody one so.... :confused:

Sweet !!! What's the difference between bantam and dwarfs?

Another good question. From what I've read so far, they aren't quite small enough to qualify as "bantam" so maybe dwarf if the in between name? I dont know for sure yet. They are a tad bigger than Armand.... and he sure was very enamored with them ;)

They can eat seeds already?
Pie tin with rocks, so no rocks in waterer.

This good?

Yep... although you might wanna drop just a few rocks in the bottom to keep them from knocking it over ever 2 seconds, lol... looks good, but I would tape across the top half of that cut... they'll squeeze in and get stuck...

That's what I was thinking because her comb is still light, but I think its supposed to be :/ and surprisingly, she is the broody one so.... :confused:
Another good question. From what I've read so far, they aren't quite small enough to qualify as "bantam" so maybe dwarf if the in between name? I dont know for sure yet. They are a tad bigger than Armand.... and he sure was very enamored with them ;)

Is she broody now??? If so, then that is why her comb is light...

For some reason I was thinking there was a correlation between lavender and chocolate. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom