Frizzle thread

My hen is almost a year old now.  I got her from our local feed mill with a few other frizzle chicks.  Out of 6 I ended up with 2 perfect frizzled roos, one perfect frizzled pullet, one smooth roo, Ugh-a-bug and my dog killed one as a chick.  I kept one roo and the 2 hens.  I was surprised how well Ugh did over the winter.  Poor dear even tried to sit some eggs but she had nothing to cover them with.
When I initially found out I had a couple of frazzles I came on this site and the consensus seemed to be to cull them. We culled one, but after that I felt so bad we let the other one go. I always feel bad about culling the one.

So I should be careful with mine because I live in northern PA and they probably wont do well here?
Do you have frazzled or frizzle. My frizzle do well here in Wisconsin without any extra heat in winter. My frazzled seemed fine too up until he died. He did have fresh feathers to go through winter.

Do you have frazzled or frizzle. My frizzle do well here in Wisconsin without any extra heat in winter. My frazzled seemed fine too up until he died. He did have fresh feathers to go through winter.

I have a frizzled roo and I've been collecting a bunch of pretty Bantam females of different breeds to mix with him for fun. Setting my first batch beginning of May and planned on raising them up.

I have a frizzled roo and I've been collecting a bunch of pretty Bantam females of different breeds to mix with him for fun. Setting my first batch beginning of May and planned on raising them up.
They all should be adorable. I love my bantam cochins, whether frizzle or straight. I have a few that are Cochin d'uccle mixes. I hope you get lots of frizzle.

My little frazzle hen has looked like that all winter. She did just fine. They all snuggle up together at night and she made it with no problem. Didn't even frostbite her comb. I am in Wisconsin as well.

My little frazzle hen has looked like that all winter.  She did just fine.  They all snuggle up together at night and she made it with no problem.  Didn't even frostbite her comb.  I am in Wisconsin as well. 
Hello neighbor. They are more hardy than they appear. It's good to hear that yours did fine.

I'm originally from WI north of green bay! Missing cheese curds

Well, then you know what type of weather ours are dealing with. Yours should be fine.
Hello neighbor. They are more hardy than they appear. It's good to hear that yours did fine.

Hey there. I was worried about my silkies and frizzles, they have a small coop area that I put 2 layers of cardboard all around the inside of to help them keep in the heat. The only added heat they had was a heated water bowl. Where abouts are you in this fine state of ours?

I'm originally from WI north of green bay! Missing cheese curds
I can eat a whole bag of warm squeaky cheese curds in your honor.
1f600.png

Back
Top Bottom