Frizzle thread

Well, then you know what type of weather ours are dealing with. Yours should be fine.

Hey there. I was worried about my silkies and frizzles, they have a small coop area that I put 2 layers of cardboard all around the inside of to help them keep in the heat. The only added heat they had was a heated water bowl. Where abouts are you in this fine state of ours?

My bantam coop is insulated so it stays a bit warmer than my big pole shed where all my other chickens are. I see no frostbite in my bantam in winter, but I do get some combs hit in the larger uninsulated shed, as well as the occasional toe, so insulation helps quite a bit.

I can eat a whole bag of warm squeaky cheese curds in your honor.
1f600.png

Well, then you know what type of weather ours are dealing with.  Yours should be fine.

Hey there.  I was worried about my silkies and frizzles, they have a small coop area that I put 2 layers of cardboard all around the inside of to help them keep in the heat.  The only added heat they had was a heated water bowl.  Where abouts are you in this fine state of ours?

So jealous of chees curds. Most people dont even know what they are here in PA. And you should hear them cry about the cold lol.

So jealous of chees curds. Most people dont even know what they are here in PA. And you should hear them cry about the cold lol.
I am finding out here on BYC that here in the upper midwest we get the worse as far a cold and snow. My chickens are tough birds because of it.

People have no clue what they are missing as far as cheese curds. I live about 5 mile from the best, in my opinion, cheese factory and their curds ever. I couldn't live without them.

I am finding out here on BYC that here in the upper midwest we get the worse as far a cold and snow. My chickens are tough birds because of it.

People have no clue what they are missing as far as cheese curds. I live about 5 mile from the best, in my opinion, cheese factory and their curds ever. I couldn't live without them.

I'm heading home for Easter and I know I'm getting close when they have cheese curds at gas stations. Not good ones granted but my mom will have a couple bags for me as soon as I get there!

I would love to know who (in your opinion) makes the best cheese curds. We have Meister's here in town but to me they are not the best. Always looking for new brands to try.

Dairy State cheese in Rudolph Wisconsin. People come from all over to buy from this little cheese factory. It's one of Wisconsin's hidden treasures. Bring cash, no credit cards accepted. They do ship cheese out during holidays too.

Thanks for the info. I will have to check it out when in the area.

. This is one of my two frizzle rooster that i have

He is gorgeous. I will have to post some pics of my good frizzles.

I wanna play frizzles too!!!! These are my only frizzles - bantam cochins. Hoping to get a smooth to get with my little cockerel, Billy, so I can get more. The little black pullet doesn't have a name yet. I'm open to really cool suggestions! The cockerel's full name is Billy the Kid because he's a little butthead, but I love him SO MUCH!

20170610_134852 Edited.jpg

Back
Top Bottom