Frizzle thread

Pics
Matilda (Tillie)

Hi, I got this little frizzle hen back in Febuary. She was a little rough looking, and has since filled in nicely. Any ideas on what breed she is? She's tiny, very sweet and VOCAL.
She's bearded, and sort of looks like shes got some silkied feathers. I'm betting she came from someones Sizzle project. Her skin looks light, but I've gotten one that has light skin this past hatch. Does she have extra toes?

Honestly, it's hard to tell....her feet were pretty gnarly when I got her. Scaly mites, dried poop, etc. It looks like there is a 5th toenail coming out of the 4th toe, so maybe? No discernible toe though. Her feet are a work in progress.

Oh, poor little thing! That little side sprig on the bottom left of her foot, those would be extra tootsies (just beside that other thing you're calling a toenail). That thing above them, that you're calling a nail, looks suspicious. It kind of looks like a spur. Are you sure she isn't a he? How old is she?

Let me edit this, I think you're right about the extra toes. Duh, yes, the fifth toe is coming out of the fourth toe :p But that other thing beside it does look very much like a little spur. I'm making a lot of sense today, aren't I?!

Last edited:
Lol! Yes, I thought it looked like a spur too. She's so little and it's huge. She lays a decent sized white egg. Not sure on her history, previous owner acquired her and the little roo in some sort of trade. He thought about a year and a half. And all he knew was that they were "Frizzles".

This is my DARLING Frizzle boy... He's Silkie roo over Silkie/Cochin Frizzle hen cross. Very sweet and gentle, and loves cuddles and chattering.

He has five toes and a crest like a Silkie, and lighter skin, round shape, and a straight(ish) comb like a Cochin.

As a chick, he wasn't particularly impressive...

...but boy, did he ever 'blossom'!

Currently, he's in a bachelor pad because he decided to challenge my alpha Silkie roo, and I didn't want him taking his throne. I think I am going to experiment with my Salmon Faverolles hen, and see what I can get out of crossing them. Well... whenever I can get time to finish another small coop for them. x_x

Anyway, he was out having a nice dust bath today, and was so excited about the situation. He was telling me all about it, so I thought I'd share:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yo72bcgkyxh2ltj/VID_20150506_161939.mp4?dl=0

Back
Top Bottom