Frizzle thread

Pics
Just wanted to share pics of my gorgeous trio, Bob is a blue and lemon frizzle bantam and his girls r sizzles! Amy is frizzle feathered and Mo is her smooth counter part :) so much fun to have in the garden, Bob has big attitude and loves to heard his girls around. He is only 12 weeks roughly and already jumping on the girls and pinning them down, fingers crossed for chicks around xmas!! Any comments and advice appreciated! :)

They are cuties :)
My only advice is not to breed your two frizzles together, unless you like sparsely feathered chickens.
Oh, and enjoy them. I think that's most important ;)

I hav a pure silkie shud i put him with her? And could i breed him with the smooth hen? She is a silkie cross but not sure wat with, she is just getting some little dark spots on her. He is a lemon cuckoo pekin frizzle cross blue frizzle bantam?? That doesnt seem poss if breeding two frizzles makes featherless birds? Help! :)

I hav a pure silkie shud i put him with her? And could i breed him with the smooth hen? She is a silkie cross but not sure wat with, she is just getting some little dark spots on her. He is a lemon cuckoo pekin frizzle cross blue frizzle bantam?? That doesnt seem poss if breeding two frizzles makes featherless birds? Help! :)

See my above post. Not all double dose frizzles are completely bald, but they do not have the same feather condition/amount of feathers/feather width as a normal frizzle (a bird who possesses one copy of the gene). Some are certainly worse than others. If you breed that double dose rooster to a frizzle hen, those chicks would be a mess. If you breed him to the smooth and Silkie girls they will be fine. If your rooster is really a frazzle, every chick you hatch from him will get one copy of the frizzle gene. In other words, they will all be frizzled.
Silkied feathers and frizzled feathers are not the same thing either, breed him to all the Silkies you'd like- unless they are frizzled. If you have a smooth or Silkie rooster, I'd put the frizzled pullet in with him, and give the frazzle cockerel some smooth/or Silkie girls. I hope that helped a little :)

See my above post. Not all double dose frizzles are completely bald, but they do not have the same feather condition/amount of feathers/feather width as a normal frizzle (a bird who possesses one copy of the gene). Some are certainly worse than others. If you breed that double dose rooster to a frizzle hen, those chicks would be a mess. If you breed him to the smooth and Silkie girls they will be fine. If your rooster is really a frazzle, every chick you hatch from him will get one copy of the frizzle gene. In other words, they will all be frizzled.
Silkied feathers and frizzled feathers are not the same thing either, breed him to all the Silkies you'd like- unless they are frizzled. If you have a smooth or Silkie rooster, I'd put the frizzled pullet in with him, and give the frazzle cockerel some smooth/or Silkie girls. I hope that helped a little
smile.png
that's a massive help!! thank u! :) if i left him with her because he loves her i just don't hatch her eggs?

this is bob... does he look like a frazzle??

This is my trio, Mo, Bob and Amy. left to right. Mo and Amy are silkie cross frizzle but i'm recently confused.. they are sisters?? Mo is getting some dark spots on her as u can c in the pic and her beak is yellow whereas Amy's is blue?

Does Bob look like a frazzle...??? i was told he is a lemon cuckoo pekin frizzle x blue frizzle bantam?? Bob has wonderful feathering soft non and brittle and more growing every day as u can see! Any one think he something else? im sure his bro was smooth when i looked at them....
idunno.gif
help!

So is this a frazzle or a regular frizzle he/she looks much better after I put her by him/herself I didn't see any wounds on him/her but she's growing more feathers than he/she was before.

Edit-forgot to add a picture...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom