Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

No, she is just from the generation where children should not know things like that! She almost fell out of the chair one time when Amber came in the house and announced I should call the neighbor to let her know the bull was breeding the family milk cow. Mom says WHAT FOR? Amber told her so Pat could mark the date on the calendar to know when "to dry the cow up" before the calf came. Mom says you TELL this child this kind of stuff?????? Poor Mom...

Prissy neighbor wanted her g-kids to see the chickens. I let the older onE collect the eggs, to which her citiot mother remarked, "See? The box is where they lay their eggs and, at night, they sleep in there."

I kindly corrected mom and showed the child the roost, where one of the girls had already retired for the evening. At least the 3 y.o. has it straight, now.

A neighbor did not want any of our eggs because they were convinced that, since we had a rooster, there were chicks inside the eggs. Even after I explained the process, they still were not convinced. Maybe they were still put off at the thought of eating fertilized eggs.

No, she is just from the generation where children should not know things like that! She almost fell out of the chair one time when Amber came in the house and announced I should call the neighbor to let her know the bull was breeding the family milk cow. Mom says WHAT FOR? Amber told her so Pat could mark the date on the calendar to know when "to dry the cow up" before the calf came. Mom says you TELL this child this kind of stuff?????? Poor Mom...

Yeah. Better we go back to the days where girls were "sheltered" from such information until 2 minutes before they walked down the aisle. That way, they could go off on the honeymoon petrified, and terrified of "That Beast" they'd just married.

I always did wonder If my mom had not been so sheltered if she soul still have had 7 kids in a little over 10 years.....

All of my kids grew up learning that "the birds and bees" meant a baby was going to be born after the mating was over...... and the girls understood that the birds and the bees meant the same thing for humans that it did for animals.

This comment was not too funny but my reaction to this guy is what got everyone else laughing.

Guy told me he wished he was a farmer because we had it so easy and we are rich with money.

Co-worker said she thought I was going to strangle him. I just looked at him and in my "not nice" voice explained the facts of farming and ranching and the cost of it all.

Had several people tell me they were so glad to finally see someone put this guy in his place.

" Are you mad"?? Is the funniest thing! City Slicker turned farmer! OMG! So Orange County City Slicker cop buys the house next door. He's gonna be a FARMER! Gets some dogs for starters, they run off (to my property cause I board and train dogs). "I'm sorry, I guess you're mad? Nope. I help with a hot wire. Next, he's got a horse for his kid. No corral, no care, months go by, I notice the horses hooves looking like ski ramps. I mention it. "Are you mad"? I didn't know you needed to trim the feet. Nope, I'll have my farrier stop by. Horse died. Then the 2 beef cows for his freezer...Boy, he's off grid now! Pit Bull dogs attack the cows ( he still has no secure fencing), cows tear down my 6' chain link fence to escape. "Are you mad"? "I'm, sorry they tore your fence down" so I treat the shredded ears and chests of his cows, herd them home. Here come the chickens and the goats and the PIGS!!! Still, no secure fences. Goats climbing and ruining my chain link, getting their horns stuck for 8 hours is full sun, 100 deg heat, screaming bloody murder. I intervene. "Are you mad"? Well, sorta by now... On to the pigs. City Slicker gets 2 hogs to raise for his freezer. OMG! Hey OC! They're intact boar wild pigs, not meat pigs! When you cook them, it'll smell like you peed in the fry pan! Here they come, tear my fence down AGAIN! "Are you mad"? Yup, now I am. So, OC cop dude is too busy to feed or clean any of his critters. They beller all day and night for food. Back to the pigs. I'm overrun with flies from his filth. He does not clean. I have a fly spray system, I clean everything twice daily. Dude has 2 hogs, 5 dogs, 25 chickens and 20 goats on 1.25 acres. It's nasty. Back to funniest City Slicker...I hung 5 fly bags on my fence. When he noticed them he said "I guess you're mad"? It's comical.

Back
Top Bottom