Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

me&thegals :

My brother: Do the roosters lay eggs?
My sister: I feel so bad that the chicks are taken from their moms (as in a mail-order hatchery order) before they get to nurse!
ep.gif

Gotta love those opportunities to teach people about their food
smile.png

OH MY
th.gif

me&thegals :

My brother: Do the roosters lay eggs?

My sister: I feel so bad that the chicks are taken from their moms (as in a mail-order hatchery order) before they get to nurse!
ep.gif

Gotta love those opportunities to teach people about their food
smile.png

ohhh wowww. some people just surprise me with the things they say. do they say these things on purpose just to be funny??​

Quote:
omg that made me remember something lol, has nothing to do with animals, but i also have a cousin in hawaii, and she came up to visit, shes like 18. and my mother asked her if she had ever been to the site of pearl harbor.. she replied "whats pearl harbor?? " LOL HAHAHAAH that made me laugh ! u live there and u dont know. wowie.

also i gave my neighbor some easter egger eggs (green) and she replied OMG !!! these eggs are rotten! EWW and dropped them.

Quote:
Hmmm..... I fell for that one too.... only I was 7!!
wink.png
I distinctly remember everybody watching me from the window - I just thought they were all anxious to see me catch one... didn't think they were actually laughing at me.

When I didn't catch one, my aunt said her salt must be too old and she'd have to buy some new.... and I begged her for weeks to hurry up and get some new salt!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

In all fairness, country bumpkins can show an appalling lack of sophistication when it comes to cosmopolitan life. You are pretty much making fun of people for not growing up the way you did and not knowing what you know. I am sure that they know things that you do not. Variety is the spice of life.

I try to avoid city slickers as much as possible. But never ask a slicker to hold your rooster and hen while scratching your donkey(please substitute the other names normally used on the farm). Also if a slicker is trying the farm life make sure they know the difference between a cow and a bull BEFORE they attempt to milk the cow.
gig.gif

Quote:
I don't think they mean it like that and I'm sure your right that city people know things that country folk don't know but some people just ask plain stupid questions like "how do you get eggs with out a rooster" and then you tell them different like"you don't need a rooster for eggs" and they argue with you because "there right and your wrong" when it is vice versa.

Quote:
ROFL, I had a guy swear Maine is in Canada. I made the mistake of trying to argue it with him when he said that. LAst time I answered the question about where I aM FROM!! I just got on my plane and finished my trip back home and shook my head.

I have people horrified that I eat my hens eggs, and others clamoring to buy them from me.

Last edited:
last year i was on a school trip to PA and we went on a "cruise" on the Delaware river. one girl looked at me and asked, "why is it called the Delaware river?" a bunch of us continued to tell her because it ran through Delaware. her response? "Delaware? is that like a lake or something?" brillant. oh and we were in 8th grade, plenty old enough to know that Delaware is a state.

Back
Top Bottom