Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

This past winter I was explaining to one of my egg customers that I wasn't getting too many eggs because the chickens don't lay as many in the winter. I told her that the amount of daylight has an effect on the number of eggs my chickens lay and as soon as the days start to get longer I should be getting more eggs. She said that daylight saving time starts in a couple of weeks and she'll come back then.
It took me a few seconds for that to sink in...
th.gif
gig.gif

nice. On a more serious note, i dunno what you do, but this past winter we put a heat lamp in the coop. it was mainly to keep them warm, because it got 20 below here, but their egg production not only was good, it was the best ever. during the winter, 2 days in a row, we got 9 eggs from 9 chickens! They slept just fine, i think, otherwise i guess my flock would have died from lack of sleep lol.
Quote:

I completely forgot about this thread...and maybe this forum...
hide.gif

So, we raise dairy goats, and milk them (duh), so we get some pretty weird questions.
"So can I buy some goat milk from you, or are you using it as milk?" - I do not understand this question. Yes, we just milk the goat and throw it all out on the ground!
roll.png

That's all for now...I just got back from a trip, I'm really tired...

Quote:
On a similar note, my sister and I were in petsmart with an 8 week old long-haired buff colored chihuahua and an 8 week old salt & pepper colored schoodle. Some lady came by and commented on how cute the chihuahua was and then asked if the schnoodle was it's mom.
roll.png

Sis-in-law and I are standing in front of the run, rooster is crowing constantly because we are there and he want's us to know he's in charge. She says, "Your rooster sure crows a lot, doesn't his throat get sore?"
th.gif

Quote:
Not in the front, but they do have molars in the back!

Neither do deer!

Or goats...but they have such adorable milk teeth!
yes, i look at my baby goat's teeth and tell them they're cute. don't look at me like that!

My ex had helped us working in the garden all day one day. We picked all kinds of things fresh from the garden cucumbers included. Well, mom cooked hamburgers for lunch. All the trimmings including whole dill pickles are on the table. So we are all sitting around the table passing things back and forth when mom asks him if he wants a pickle. His response..."WOW, those look just like the cucumbers we just picked!!"
roll.png
No!! Ya think?!?!?! Tennessean born and bred, and had no clue
lol.png
Guess that's the difference between Memphis, and my little town
wink.png

ok so I had a conversation with my sister in law, she was ranting once again about how I chose tolive up here blah blah blah....and then she asked.

"Aren't you worried that the kids will get bitten by one of those chickens of yours and get rabies, or the bird flue??? I heard their teeth are very sharp!!"
ep.gif
I handed the phone over to my husband and told him his sister was stupid.

Quote:
Not in the front, but they do have molars in the back!

Neither do deer!

Or goats...but they have such adorable milk teeth!
yes, i look at my baby goat's teeth and tell them they're cute. don't look at me like that!

that'll give you a 50% discount at the dentist!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom